Need photo of HHI villa entrance/steps**UPDATE POST #16**

Jean -- really glad to hear it worked out for you --congratulations! Did you ask if it has that "up and over" ledge at the front door -- there's probably some temporary double ramp gadget that would clear it for the scooter?

It generally seems to be a good idea to call and talk to someone else, if you don't get the answer you need the first time -- but this time it sounds like they were already working it out for you. The CM's at HHI seem particularly guest-oriented.

Enjoy!

I hate to be a pest. I have been blessed already. If the scooter won't go over the hump, no big deal. I can lift it and DH can walk. He is able to walk, just not distances. And steps are not good. Thanks for your advice and photos!

I called HHI front desk this morning to ask about which building might have the fewest steps. It turns out that after MS called there yesterday a CM at HHI did some checking and was able to give us a 2 bedroom lockoff in the lodge, with the elevator!!!! Amazing!!! I credit the pixie dust from DIS friends and the wonderful CM at HHI. I was so impressed by the HHI staff during my one stay at HHI and it seems that their commitment to guest satisfaction continues. WOOHOO!!! Maybe this is a good day for me to buy a lottery ticket... :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Yay! That's just another confirmation to me that the CMs at HHI are the best. I really believed that if they knew your situation they'd bend over backwards to help. We had a major problem with MS while there a few years ago, and were left without a room at a sold-out time, with no where to go. They really went the extra mile for us, and I'm so glad that this all worked out for you. To have had to give up a trip to HHI would have been heartbreaking.

I always thought HHI has the best cm's and this just proves it!! So glad to hear the good news!! Wishing you a wonderful HHI trip!

HAPPY DANCE TIME!!! :cool1:

So, what kind of wine do you like to drink? I'm headed to Trader Joe's tomorrow. :)

HAPPY DANCE TIME!!! :cool1:

So, what kind of wine do you like to drink? I'm headed to Trader Joe's tomorrow. :)

I am a boring Chardonnay girl :lmao: And get this: I just found out today my waitlist for a BW view room for next month has come through! We had some points to use up so I am going for a few days with DSis and nieces while my saintly sister-in-law watches out for DH at home. I just called last month and could not get BW view for all of the days, so booked a pool/garden room. 31 days will be coming up next week and I was going to cancel the few BW view days that I had and I found out the good news! Do you believe the luck I am having today? I am in total shock! Just 2 weeks ago when DH was so sick I thought I wasn't going at all. What a roller coaster! Here's hoping that life gets boring for a while now.

We have stayed in the main building twice now, it's Great!

I am glad things worked out for you.

Pet Shadow for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter