Need Mandara Spa info Please!

TheCapellsMom

Mouseketeer
Hi!
I am looking to schedule a massage at the Mandara Spa for my best friend for her 40th birthday, but I am NOT a "massage" person and I don't know anything at all about it!

I am planning a WDW Girls Weekend but the whole thing is a surprise so I can't ask her about anything having to do with the planning. It's VERY frustrating but I am so excited to surprise her with the trip! ;)

So...
The most important thing I need to know is:
-Does the Mandara Spa have showers? It looks like the best time to fit her massage into our travel plans is the day we arrive or the day we leave- but that means she would not have access to a hotel room to shower afterwards.

Also- for all you "massage" regulars out there, what is the difference between these:
Balinese Massage
Swedish Massage
Reflexology Massage
and which one do you think would be best for an over-worked, over-extended, Teacher & Mom?

One more question-
Do you think you would prefer to start out your WDW with a massage or save it for the very end right before you leave?

THANKS!

I've never been to a full service spa that did not have showers. I've been to the Mandara but I don't remember because I walked back to BC and showered there.

I like a firm Swedish massage. Reflexology is my least favorite. But this is a very personal preference.

Since WDW is not a relaxing vacation I prefer to do mine at the end of the trip but not on my travel day. I would do the day before. If that's not possible I would then pick the beginning of the vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter