Need Info On Orbitz Or Priceline...

patches-4

<font color=009999>Had been visited by the Fairy..
JUST A QUICK QUESTION, I KNOW WHEN YOU BUY ON ORBITZ YOU DON'T SEE THE FLIGHT INFO UNTIL AFTER YOU PURCHASE, QUESTION IS DO YOU NORMALLY GET THE FLIGHT TIMES AND DEPARTURE CITIES YOU ENTER IN THE INFORMATION? SAY YOU NEED TO FLY OUT AT 7:00 A.M. DO YOU NORMALLY GET THAT FLIGHT TIME. ALSO THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT PRICELINE.:confused:

On Orbitz, you DO see all the info. before you buy. I think you are probably thinking of Hotwire. We use Orbitz to get prices for flights and then book through the airline's own website, as Orbitz charges a $10 fee and you can generally get the same fare on the airline's own site...Orbitz is sort of like a meta-search engine for airfares. I have not used either Hotwire or Priceline for airline tickets, but they are grat for hotels.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I am a HUGE Priceline fan, but I wouldn't use them for a ticket to Orlando for the cruise unless I had all day the day before and wouldn't fly home until the day after arrival back into port. Yes, absolutely, you will get the airport you select, but you can not pick times at all. When you enter your date for travel, you are agreeing to travel anytime between 6 am and midnight, if memory serves me. There is no way you could take a chance on the flight time for same day arrivals and departures. I think you specify if you are willing to make more than one connection, and I don't think they will ticket more than a 2 hour layover. It is a GREAT solution to a family vacation of a couple of weeks when a day lost to travel doesn't matter, but if you booked for a weekend trip, you could conceivably get an 11 pm flight on Friday and a 6 am flight on Sunday....not much of a weekend.

Be careful with Hotwire. Sometimes deals do appear, but sometimes the Hotwire price is higher than if you booked directly with the hotel or car rental agency. I think Orbitz is a lot like Travelocity, except I think their website is ALWAYS slow and cumbersome.

;) YES, YOU'RE RIGHT I'M THINKING OF HOTWIRE, I'VE CHECKED SO MANY DAILY I CAN'T KEEP THE STRAIGHT. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. I THINK I'LL JUST STAY WITH THE REGULAR WEBSITES AND HOPE THEY GO DOWN AS I DON'T HAVE A DAY EXTRA ON BOTH ENDS AND I LIKE TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT MY TRAVEL PLANS ARE AHEAD OF TIME.:cool:

It sounds like Orbitz would be a great place for you to check out the flight times & prices! They list a whole bunch of airlines so it is easy to compare.

I usually find what I want & book directly with the airline too, but I recently used orbitz because I wanted 3 non-stop flights (PA to Ga, Ga to Tampa & orlando to PA). The only way to get the non-stop flights I wanted was to book with 2 different airlines. Only Orbitz or a travel agent could do that for the (low!) price I paid!

I look at the options on Orbitz as well and then book it on the airlines site. It has saved us money everytime.

I have a good friend who uses Priceline for airline tickets all the time, only because she could not afford to travel without it. However, she has occasionally had to fly way out of the way to get to her final destination, with 2 long layovers in airports nowhere near her destination, at very odd times of day. If you aren't open to doing that, I would book direct with the airline. Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter