Need immediate reply--rude guest services---who to call

mickey'sbud

DIS Veteran
I'll give details later...I am shaking over experience in last few minutes w/ guest services.....
Who do I call now?

First off, I'd take a deep breath and call them right back and ask for a supervisor. Since we don't know who you called, thats the best I can come up with for right now without more details. KUP

I was making a change to my ressie----I ask to speak to guest services---I was nice the entire time--I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't know i could hear them and the GS said NO they didn't want to talk to me and how "they" are never nice once they get to me (Meaning guest services)....she was short and didn't answer my questions thoroughly or very nicely. I politely said I couldn't make a decision now that I'd call back. It really upset me.

I guess I would call back and make the changes to my reservation. Someone hates their job or is having a bad night, sorry for them. I would just call back and get the desired changes made. Sorry, doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
I work a lot with the public and suppose I am a little jaded in that regard.

Call back and ask to speak to a Supervisor. Also, keep a record of everything. You should send an email to WDW -- I'm sure they'd want to know about the way you were treated.

Call 800.828.0228 and when somebody picks up, kindly ask to speak to a supervisor. If they ask why, let them know you just had a very upsetting experience and you want it escalated and noted. Then you can log a complaint with them. You can then follow-up with an email. :)

Not to hijack your thread, but just wanted to add this in....Guest Services does not always mean nicer people. I had to call today because they messed up on a credit to my Visa...the person in Guest Services treated me like I was really putting her out. She was very rude. I did not complain to a manger, but I let her know that this was a mistake they made and she should not treat me in the manner she was. I very politely and calmly told her I had every right to call and request they correct their mistake and her attitude was not necessary. She hung up on me. ;)

Not to hijack your thread, but just wanted to add this in....Guest Services does not always mean nicer people. I had to call today because they messed up on a credit to my Visa...the person in Guest Services treated me like I was really putting her out. She was very rude. I did not complain to a manger, but I let her know that this was a mistake they made and she should not treat me in the manner she was. I very politely and calmly told her I had every right to call and request they correct their mistake and her attitude was not necessary. She hung up on me. ;)

I'm sure that she did NOT hang up on you. There must've been problems with the phone lines and you were accidentally disconnected. :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

I'm sure that she did NOT hang up on you. There must've been problems with the phone lines and you were accidentally disconnected. :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

No, she hung up on me after I let her know her attitude was not necessary. There was not a phone problem. Don't be so defensive. You were not on the phone and you have no idea what happened. ;)

OP-You just got someone havin' a bad day-call back, ask for a supervisor and make your changes. That's happened to me before. Someone at the CR really messed up my tickets, took the guy at Epcot like an hour to fix it. Think happy thoughts-while ripping up something, always makes me feel better! :thumbsup2
Oh, and Bytheblood, I really think stitchlovestink was joking....Love your picture by the way. Could look at that man all day.:love:
Gretchen

I think that was sarcastic- a joke, because they would NEVER hang up on a guest- wink, wink.

I think that was sarcastic- a joke, because they would NEVER hang up on a guest- wink, wink.

Oh, and Bytheblood, I really think stitchlovestink was joking....Love your picture by the way. Could look at that man all day.:love:
Gretchen

You may be right! The eye-rolling did not make me think so, but it is okay either way! :) I was on the call and I know what happened. ;)

Gretchen....Thanks - this is my favorite role of his and one of my favorite pictures of him. He is so incredibly sexy with those pointy ears. :rotfl:

Call 800.828.0228 and when somebody picks up, kindly ask to speak to a supervisor. If they ask why, let them know you just had a very upsetting experience and you want it escalated and noted. Then you can log a complaint with them. You can then follow-up with an email. :)

Hey I wonder if your Guest Services lady was the same one I talked to.
Well I happen to do just as you suggested...I called back and asked for a supervisor. The CM asked why. I said because I just had a bad experience and I would like to speak to someone else. They asked for the name of the person I spoke w/ and I said please don't connect me to her; connect me to someone else please or her supervisor. Well I spoke w/ a man told him the story as calmly as I could. I told him I realize people have bad days and so forth but it was more of how she responded and talked to me after the fact that I informed her that I had heard everything she had just said. I told him I had never had anyone at Disney ever talk to me like that.

Anyway he promised to give me a call back tomorrow to work out something about my request. He was very friendly.

I don't mean to sound whiny about all this, but this lady was majorly RUDE, really bad customer service! Perhaps she thought I was being difficult but I was just inquiring about my ressie...it's complicated....but I was given different $$$ amts and she couldn't get the codes to work or something....but it would have been more appropriate to tell me that she'd have research it, instead of getting snotty about it. It definitely was not characteristic of the Disney CM's that I have always encountered. I would not want one of my employees acting like she did.

Thanks for all the replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter