• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Need ideas of things my kids can buy with a gift card.

minnienurse01

Earning My Ears
Hi there! We will be in Florida when the Easter Bunny comes to visit us. There is no way that we will be able to pack my kids Easter baskets for the Easter Bunny to “fill” them. Instead, I am think that the Easter Bunny will write them a letter and put gift cards that they can use at Disney World in the letter.

Does anyone have any good ideas on things they can buy with their gift cards besides toys? I’m thinking they could use it on some treats or start a pin collection. Are they doing face painting or temporary tattoos during Covid?

How about a real tattoo? Honestly, depending on the size of the gift cards, how about they pool the cards and get something from the Art of Disney? Yes, can be very expensive (they have a $35,000) replica of the castle, but there are smaller things that they may not appreciate in the short term, but long term will be cherished.

Another idea: stuffed animals. Again, maybe not short term appreciation, but I have 14 of them that my aunt (who has passed way too early from cancer) got me and they have the most sentimental value and provide me with the best memories.

This might be the perfect time to teach them the value of the "lack" of instant gratification and planning for future happiness.

How about a real tattoo? Honestly, depending on the size of the gift cards, how about they pool the cards and get something from the Art of Disney? Yes, can be very expensive (they have a $35,000) replica of the castle, but there are smaller things that they may not appreciate in the short term, but long term will be cherished.

Another idea: stuffed animals. Again, maybe not short term appreciation, but I have 14 of them that my aunt (who has passed way too early from cancer) got me and they have the most sentimental value and provide me with the best memories.

This might be the perfect time to teach them the value of the "lack" of instant gratification and planning for future happiness.
We are definitely working on the instant gratification part lol. I told my daughter that she cannot use her allowance money to buy those stupid l.o.l dolls or blind bags because I swear she just gets a dopamine rush from opening the surprise and then never plays with the item again.

Art of Disney sounds nice. I know that they sell smaller prints that we could eventually get framed. Thanks!

I think BLT still has the Activity Center in lobby area. And many craft selections with a few free and others a minimum fee such as tie dyed t-shirts.
Disney Springs has a store The Art Corner selling art supplies nicely boxed and Artists showcasing a few personalized experiences such as a digitally created caricature drawing or a personalized name design.
Also interesting to watch a scarf design created using a marbling process ... The webpage has video links
artistic talent group.com

And I am pretty certain Disney sells Holiday gift basket on Main Street and Disney Sptings Store including the Christmas Store. I was surprised to see Halloween in the Disney Springs Christmas Store.
Dont forget Lego .

Also the Crystal Arts by Arriba Brothers in Disney Springs and Main Street (glass blowing demonstration) has miniature glass trinket character shapes. I still have the tiny gift my children bought for me Once Upon a time at DL.

Last edited:
We are definitely working on the instant gratification part lol. I told my daughter that she cannot use her allowance money to buy those stupid l.o.l dolls or blind bags because I swear she just gets a dopamine rush from opening the surprise and then never plays with the item again.

Art of Disney sounds nice. I know that they sell smaller prints that we could eventually get framed. Thanks!

Ir does not matter how big or small. The smallest things can bring the greatest happiness.

Hi there! We will be in Florida when the Easter Bunny comes to visit us. There is no way that we will be able to pack my kids Easter baskets for the Easter Bunny to “fill” them. Instead, I am think that the Easter Bunny will write them a letter and put gift cards that they can use at Disney World in the letter.

Does anyone have any good ideas on things they can buy with their gift cards besides toys? I’m thinking they could use it on some treats or start a pin collection. Are they doing face painting or temporary tattoos during Covid?

How about this... sneak off to Disney Springs and buy them each a pair of Disney Slippers that they are only allowed to wear indoors. Fill both with candy or healthy stuff you bring from home and put a single daisy or sunflower in each? I'm assuming they are girls, but if any boys, stick in a buzz light-year or Woody very small figurine on a toothpick and stick some homemade bunny ears on them.

OK, yes, I am going overboard now, but I have an overwhelming sense a creativity sometimes.

Use baby powder to create bunny footprints while they are asleep, in and out. Then, put out a note that says "this is your invitation to purchase one small item and one small treat from "place name of dis establishment here." "From here on out, for the rest of the year, the Rabbit has done his job... keep this up for Santa." And maybe include another note from Brer Rabbit with a hot chocolate pack for each.

How about this... sneak off to Disney Springs and buy them each a pair of Disney Slippers that they are only allowed to wear indoors. Fill both with candy or healthy stuff you bring from home and put a single daisy or sunflower in each? I'm assuming they are girls, but if any boys, stick in a buzz light-year or Woody very small figurine on a toothpick and stick some homemade bunny ears on them.
What a genius idea! Thank you!

The Dino-Rama games in Animal Kingdom would be a fun activity and a chance to win a cute stuffed animal!

For a treat, the Mickey caramel chocolate apples are always fun... and a little healthy :-)

We always get the kids GC’s for Easter, birthdays, or Christmas... Whatever gift giving holiday is before our trip. They spends most of it on Pop Funkos and weird food/candy from the countries at EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter