Need ideas for the 19 year old College student who has everything! (girl)

DD18, UMaine freshman, living in the dorms... LOVES her Vera Bradley wristlet and VB laptop case (graduation presents). We also gave her a Hot Shot, which I purchased online from Kohl's (really sweet deal, I had a 30% off coupon and a free shipping code). What she likes best about this is that the water is hotter than that which comes out of a Keurig, so it is good for cooking noodle cup-of-soup, mac-n-cheese, and making oatmeal in addition to all kinds of hot drinks. For her birthday, we gave her the hot shot and a whole bunch of instant foods that she can use with it. Other things she likes is getting gift cards to local restaurants, the university bookstore, and Itunes cards. She also has a tracfone so she likes to get tracfone minutes cards (I like it when she gets them, too!)

Gift Cards!!!

Gas
Sephora
Food
Grocery Store
Walmart
Target
Starbucks
American Express

For those who have everything -- Its nice to have a plethora of gift cards to fall back on, on weeks that aren't so great :) My family gets me tons of different gift cards instead of one big one. That way I can have more fun going to different places :)

Is she a football fan of any University? If so, what about tickets to a football game.. I know both my DD's are big UF fans and love to go to Gator games..(not DS so much)
I know you are saying Christmas, and that time of year may be a little different than now, but if you were to do something like that, you can give it now.. or if she is a fan of any sport.. you can get her tickets.. I did spring training tickets for the NY Yankees once for my DS & DD. I've done Buc's tickets once for DD....

second the Toms. Popular with the HS kids and college kids here, plus my nieces in AZ and Philly that are in college. Cool shoes, company with a cool agenda (how my niece put it this summer)

She "has" everything, but does she NEED anything right now? Sometimes we forget what we need due to our wants.....food for thought.

I've seen a few post about UGG's...if she's into those, I'd personally get Minnetonka's. They're made in the USA and IMHO are far better (Kourtney Kardashian loves hers lol).

This wasn't with my mom, but with my husband.....for our 4th anniversary we had a spa day. Has she been to a spa before? Maybe the both of you can go together? If not, maybe her and DH or all 3 of you? That would give you all some quality time together. Take a camera and snap some fun shots when your head is not face down on the massage table and make a memory book out of it for the next year? If she wouldn't go with either of you, maybe a package for her and her bestie or bf?

Hair salon gift cards? You can never have too many of those.

Gas gift cards...everyone needs gas and it's practical.

Does she live on campus or with family? Does she drink coffee? Keurig? (not sure if that is the correct spelling)

How about items to prepare her for the real world? Pots/pans, dishes, vacuum, laundry basket filled with essentials, bathroom set/towels, ect? If she doesn't have her own place yet, they can always be stored. She WILL need them one day.

Is she into adventerous things? Sky diving...that type of thing?

Hmmm........thinking...........

She "has" everything, but does she NEED anything right now? Sometimes we forget what we need due to our wants.....food for thought.

I've seen a few post about UGG's...if she's into those, I'd personally get Minnetonka's. They're made in the USA and IMHO are far better (Kourtney Kardashian loves hers lol).

This wasn't with my mom, but with my husband.....for our 4th anniversary we had a spa day. Has she been to a spa before? Maybe the both of you can go together? If not, maybe her and DH or all 3 of you? That would give you all some quality time together. Take a camera and snap some fun shots when your head is not face down on the massage table and make a memory book out of it for the next year? If she wouldn't go with either of you, maybe a package for her and her bestie or bf?

Hair salon gift cards? You can never have too many of those.

Gas gift cards...everyone needs gas and it's practical.

Does she live on campus or with family? Does she drink coffee? Keurig? (not sure if that is the correct spelling)

How about items to prepare her for the real world? Pots/pans, dishes, vacuum, laundry basket filled with essentials, bathroom set/towels, ect? If she doesn't have her own place yet, they can always be stored. She WILL need them one day.

Is she into adventerous things? Sky diving...that type of thing?

Hmmm........thinking...........

They used to be but I went to look at some for DD12 a few weeks ago and they were not made in USA anymore. :confused3 Maybe some of them still are?

My 19yo wants the new Daisy perfume by Marc Jacobs, a Michael Kors cross body bag and pair of Frye riding boots. The Patagonia retool pullovers are all over the college campus's a lot of my daughters friends want one if they don't already have them.

My DD is only 15, but my DS is in college and is really hard to buy for. Somethings I got him that he has enjoyed were a nice umbrella, Sperrys, if she is greek some clothing with her letters, gift cards to local places.

My son is 1800 miles from us going to college and homesick. So I sent him a bunch of Halloween candy, some tortilla chips (find a way to mail those so they don't break), some Cheez Whiz, a DVD, Itunes card. I also mailed him some gift cards to some places he likes to go eat (and his college town doesn't have a lot of his favorites) - Pizza Hut, McDonalds. I've found a baker that delivers to the dorms, so I might just have a bakery delivery made to his dorm. The Dining Service has packages that families can order for their kids - things like pizza and soda, a half dozen cupcakes, cheesecake, study snacks, etc. Gift cards are very successful. And so is cash.

I got my niece the VB All in One wristlet for her graduation and filled the credit card slots with gift cards for her favorite eateries.
It's been fall break week, and my old students have been coming to visit me (been a good week!), and I noticed that several of them were carrying this very item. I had something similar (of course Vera Bradley wasn't around back then) back when I was in school and I loved it. When I was going to class, it fit into the front pocket of my backpack; and when I just went to the dining hall, it went around my wrist.

On the other hand, this isn't something for which people need a duplicate item, and these aren't really cheap. I'd ask her mother whether she has one before I'd buy it.
I have a 21yo and she is really picky. I have learned to not buy her anything without her approval.
Then consumable items are a good choice: Chocolate or other snacks to take back to her dorm, movie gift cards, restaurant gift cards. Most schools we've been visiting have Starbucks, Chickfillet, Subway, McAllisters, or similar chains on campus. School supplies for the new spring semester (pretty gel pens, etc. upon which she likely wouldn't splurge).

She probably has everything she needs for her dorm and wouldn't appreciate more to squeeze into a small space.

I have a 21yo and she is really picky. I have learned to not buy her anything without her approval.

For instance. She is not into vera bradley, I like and have some things but she doesn't have anything vera. She does have a coach wristlet that she likes. She's not into uggs, they are not in at her school, she would like TOMS and she would wear ugg slippers but only the slippers.

She likes Lucky Brand jeans but is picky about the fit. She lives in an apartment and likes candles so Bath and Body Works is great. Her roommate likes her Keruig and soda stream, they love electronic gadgets but I'm not sure she would have time to use a Kindle.

One thing that is a hit is more money on her id card at school. I can add money on it and she can buy food and books and things around campus.

Maybe my D is unusual, (i know she's pickier than her brother) but it's hard to surprise her at this point.

My daughter also is not into VB/Uggs/Coach really anything that is very popular. She has her own style and was WOWED over her girlfriends 18th birthday gift of a piece by artist Isaiah Zagar, the mosaicist of Philadelphia's Magic Garden, given to her by her mother.

I would give a small token gift (<$5) of any type along with money. College kids need money.

oh, this is old. But money is always good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter