Need help

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
not familiar with universal. The studios has early entry. We want to do gingrotts, hogwarts express, mummy, rip ride, despicable me, forbidden journey, jurassic park, reign kong, spiderman and hulk i have no idea how to approach. Any advice wpuld be appreciated. Thx

How exciting for a trip to Universal! If you give us a little more information, I think you'll find that we can give you better advice.

How many days to you plan to have at Universal?
Are you staying onsite? If you aren't, make sure you are staying at a qualifying partner hotel in order to take advantage of early entry.
Will you have park to park tickets?
Have you heard of the express pass and do you plan to purchase one?
When will you be going? I ask because high crowd times require a much different strategy than low crowd times.

That should be a good start!

Check out the Universal Orlando website. Particularly the "Plannimg your visit"
Look at maps to get a lay of the land. This will help.

I'am guessing you are staying onsite as early entry is usually reserved for onsite guests only.

Hogwarts Express will not run until other park (Islands of Adventure) is open. Sometimes it will start 15 minutes before. So if your early entry to Universal Studios is at 8:00 am Hogwarts Express might start running over to Hogsmeade at 8:45 am.

The only rides open for early entry in Universal Studios is Despicable Me Minions and Escape from Gringotts in Diagon Alley. There are shops to wonder through in Diagon Alley as well as Ollivanders wand show.

There are a couple of ways to approach it.

1. You can hit Despicable me as soon as you enter the park then go to Diagon Alley ride Escape from Gringotts and enjoy the shops and Knockturn Alley then get the Hogwarts Express over to Hogsmeade when it starts then do Forbidden Journey, Flight of Hippogriff wonder around Hogsmeade. Then head to Jurassic Park River Adventure, Kong, Spider-Man Hulk.

2. With no early entry Despicable Me Minion, RRR, Mummy, Diagon Alley and Gringotts etc.

Last edited:
How exciting for a trip to Universal! If you give us a little more information, I think you'll find that we can give you better advice.

How many days to you plan to have at Universal?
Are you staying onsite? If you aren't, make sure you are staying at a qualifying partner hotel in order to take advantage of early entry.
Will you have park to park tickets?
Have you heard of the express pass and do you plan to purchase one?
When will you be going? I ask because high crowd times require a much different strategy than low crowd times.

That should be a good start!
Not staying onsite. Universal studios has early admission but wont be able to use it. Only have one day and touring plans has the crowd level at 2 for both parks since its off season. Wasnt planning on exp pass

Okay great info. You won't need express pass since it's such a low season.

If you have a touring plans subscription, take a look at how the wait times should change through the day. Kong and Minions both get long lines fast, so since they're in separate parks you'll probably be waiting in line for at least one of them.

I would suggest starting at IOA, going to Kong first thing, then circle back to Marvel to ride Hulk & Spiderman. Then make your way back around the circle to hit Jurassic Park and then go around to HP. Do what you need there, then catch the HE over to Studios. Once you're there, take a look at the wait times and make a plan. HP will often begin to empty out toward the late afternoon, so it may be best to go around to the rest of the USO attractions and end your day in Diagon Alley.

With such a low crowd, though, you shouldn't have trouble hitting all of those rides on your list if you keep track of wait times. Make sure you've got an accurate app on your phone to keep updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter