need help with wedding hair? Any one a hair stylist with suggestions?

mishtb

Mouseketeer
I have no idea what to do with my hair.. I have medium (just below shoulder) lenght hair, very wavy and very very thick. Any time I try to do an updo it is way too heavy. I would like to have an up-do, but I know my DH doesn't like anything that looks like a bun. Is any one out there wearing thier hair down/ half up curled??

I'm just nervous since I don't know who is doing my hair and can not have a trial session..

I say do whatever you like and are comfortable with - no matter if it's "in" right now or not. I wore my hair as a bridesmaid with the back down and the front pulled back and curled. I have way too much/too heavy hair to want to fight that all day, and I didn't want it up. Worked well, but I had 33 bobby pins in my hair!!!

Go to your regular hairdresser at home and try different things. Then take pics, and have the stylist write down what she/he did. Give that to the person who does it on the big day.

Congrats and good luck!!

I have similar hair, and a DH who also prefers my hair down. I told the cosmo person that and she did a lovely, softly curled look that held up to the humidity. My hair tends to go from wavy to curly in humid weather... My veil was a tiara type thing, they placed it and pinned it in, no problems and I didn't think about it again until DH helped me take it out.

Another option is to do the soft curls (again, works well with wavy hair if it is humid) and then pull the top/side sections up and let the back stay down, like already suggested.

If you don't have a veil yet, maybe a headband style that will keep it out of your face but let you keep it down?

Do you have your veil, or do you know if you want to wear one?

If you want a hairstyle that will really emphasize your face on your wedding day, you need to keep a couple things in mind.

1) Face shape: is your face round, oval, rectangular? Do you have a long forehead? One of many common ways to deemphasize a long forehead is to have a nice side-swept bang incorporated into your hairstyle. Rounder faces also do well with some tendrils coming down to chin length to appear as "curtains" and shave size from the face.

2) Neckline of your dress: Have a full-on collar? Take your hair all the way up for the best effect. Sweetheart and square neckilines look best with layers.

For more detailed styles, I'd have to know those two things and maybe see a pic.

You'll be beautiful no matter what, because you'll have that look of someone loved on you.

Personally, I am going to have my hair down, except for maybe a couple of small pieces put back. My fiance loves my hair down and so do I. Plus, I want to look like myself, albeit a little fancier version of me! However, my hair is just below my shoulders and is not curly, but gets frizzy easily. I have a professional straight iron, so that will be a necessity on the big day!

I did part up, part down. Do whatever makes you feel good.

I have straight, fine shoulder length hair but am getting a spiral perm before the wedding, and since I wear my hair up every day for work I am going to wear it down for the wedding. I am going to wear a few small whispy bangs (way too much forhead) and pull the top and sides to a high pony tail so the curls can cascade down over the taira (the lady at David's Bridal actually recommended it). I think how you wear your hair is totally up to you and I have seen plenty of brides with their down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter