Need Help! Princess meal recommendations?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I am helping a co-worker plan his vacation with his daughter. I am clueless on princess meals. I only have boys so we never paid any attention to princess meals. His 6 month window opens Sunday. What meals do you suggest? I know Cinderella's Castle meal but for which meal?? Any help please.

We enjoyed Akerhaus at Epcot... easier to get a reservation compared to CRT and not as costly. We went for lunch and meet Belle (she greets you at the entrance). Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, and Snow White came to our table.

We love the dinner at 1900 Park Fare. It has Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Tremaines. They are hilarious and it's definitely my favourite princess themed meal!

I know Cinderella's Castle meal but for which meal?? Any help please.
CRT would be pretty much what ever you can get. Breakfast would likely be cheaper. You didn't mention if they are staying on or off property -- if they are on property then i would highly suggest trying to get the CRT reservation for later in the trip.

Akerhaus is another good option for a day they are in Epcot and would probably be easier to get and a little less expensive. Many people try to get this for a pre-park breakfast so that they can hit frozen right after, so that will be a near impossible time to get.

La tratoria at BW has a character meal with Rapunzel - might only be breakfast so it could make it a little more difficult to.

Make sure he knows that he needs to be on the computer at 6am right at the 180 day mark.

We did CRT for dinner this past trip and it was really delicious. I didn’t mind the 2 credits because the tip is included as is an appetizer.

We also did Storybook Dining with Snow White this year and that was really fun and good.

We strongly disliked our dinner meal at Akershus, but that was a few years ago.

We really did not like CRT- we had a really long wait, the meal was NOT good, and the characters were very rushed. For the price, I wouldn't do it again anytime soon. The atmosphere of being inside the castle is great though.

I'd pick Akershus over CRT- the food was much better (breakfast) and the characters were great.

My favorite "Princess Meal" has been 1900 PF but the only Princess there is Cinderella.

I've also heard good things about breakfast at Trattoria al Forno but haven't been there myself- I believe they usually have Ariel & Eric, and Rapuzel & Flynn Rider.

Having done CRT and Akershus, my vote is for Akershus! Better food, better interactions, and it felt less rushed. :)

I am helping a co-worker plan his vacation with his daughter. I am clueless on princess meals. I only have boys so we never paid any attention to princess meals. His 6 month window opens Sunday. What meals do you suggest? I know Cinderella's Castle meal but for which meal?? Any help please.
remember that the Cinderella Castle meal is prepaid at time of Ressie unless in dining plan

I used to suggest CRT and I still enjoy it with little girl, however my girls enjoyed Akershus breakfast much more. They met Belle, which was a bonus for them, but Cindy, Snow, AUrora and I think Jasmine were also there. The interaction was wonderful and less chaotic than CRT.

I also think the girls would like 1900 PF dinner for a fun meal. My DGD, then 15 YO skipped Sanaa with the other adults in favor of joining me and the younger girls because she loves the Tremaine famil. I. The Stepsisters are hilarious!

CRT wasn't bad--but I wasn't overly impressed with the server we had. And the character interactions are fast--they only have so much time to work the dining room and then each princess leaves. So if you miss them, that's it. I also hated how I felt like I was being herded like cattle when we were checking in for our reservation and waiting to meet Cinderella/get to our table. For the amount of money that you have to pay for meal there, it is a one and done for us. It was cool to eat in the castle---but it is pricey. We loved the food and service at 1900 Park Fare. It only has cinderella, but the atmosphere of being in the Grand Floridian makes it feel a little more special too.

I suggest he do fast passes for princesses and meet them that way :)

I have done Akershus (breakfast) and CRT (also breakfast). Both were fine. Both, my party split up into 3 separate reservations of a single person so we could each get our own photo packets (free with the Photopass Plus at the time). CRT let us sit together, but still have separate reservations for individual pictures. Akershus said "no" and sat each of us at different tables (which was fine too) - one sat at a table for 2, one at a table for 3, one at a table for 4....yeah, that's the way they did it :P

How old is the daughter? Is she still interested in princesses?

I suggest he do fast passes for princesses and meet them that way :)

I have done Akershus (breakfast) and CRT (also breakfast). Both were fine. Both, my party split up into 3 separate reservations of a single person so we could each get our own photo packets (free with the Photopass Plus at the time). CRT let us sit together, but still have separate reservations for individual pictures. Akershus said "no" and sat each of us at different tables (which was fine too) - one sat at a table for 2, one at a table for 3, one at a table for 4....yeah, that's the way they did it :P

How old is the daughter? Is she still interested in princesses?

She is 7. Yes she’s still very into princesses. They are staying on site. Today is 180 day mark. Hopefully he took my advice lol.

Well just sending update. He was able to get both Cinderella's Table for lunch (preferred dinner but this will do) and 1900 Park Fare.. So think he's good to go. Thank you for all the suggestion. I have 2 boys so I feel very uneducated with these meals. Thank goodness because what a racket... LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter