Need Help Planning!

JB097

Mouseketeer
We recently met with someone from sales regarding a disney wedding. My experience with her has been awful. The entire appointment I felt like she was constantly trying to “up-sell” us on our venue choices and she wasn’t really listening to our preferences. I also had a ton of follow-up questions regarding costs (especially the “enhancements” section) I’ve tried talking to her over the phone but found she’s difficult to reach. During our last call she said she would email me additional information but I still haven’t received it. She’s constantly pressing urgency on signing a contract and committing to a date every chance she gets. In general, I feel like she doesn’t care and that we’re just a sale to her.

**just to clarify, I totally understand she’s a sales rep and it’s her job to sell. I was expecting the Disney standard with regards to customer service and professionalism which she does not meet.**

Does anyone have the name or contact information for another sales rep at WDW? I have my heart set on a Boardwalk wedding but my experience with my current sales rep is definitely making me reconsider!

We recently met with someone from sales regarding a disney wedding. My experience with her has been awful. The entire appointment I felt like she was constantly trying to “up-sell” us on our venue choices and she wasn’t really listening to our preferences. I also had a ton of follow-up questions regarding costs (especially the “enhancements” section) I’ve tried talking to her over the phone but found she’s difficult to reach. During our last call she said she would email me additional information but I still haven’t received it. She’s constantly pressing urgency on signing a contract and committing to a date every chance she gets. In general, I feel like she doesn’t care and that we’re just a sale to her.

**just to clarify, I totally understand she’s a sales rep and it’s her job to sell. I was expecting the Disney standard with regards to customer service and professionalism which she does not meet.**

Does anyone have the name or contact information for another sales rep at WDW? I have my heart set on a Boardwalk wedding but my experience with my current sales rep is definitely making me reconsider!

You should call the DFTW number again and explain your situation. They are very accommodating with these types of things and can reassign you a different sales rep. Generally speaking, the sales reps can't give specific pricing info on certain things (for example, flowers, food, etc) but they can guide you as far as how much you can generally expect to spend and your minimum expenditures. We had Pam as our sales rep and she was amazing! The good news in your situation is that as soon as you sign the contract and pay your deposit, you never deal with the sales rep again. You then get assigned a planner. I'm also not sure if I am allowed to link to it, but there is a fairy tale weddings guide that has an amazing spreadsheet that you can use to find out an estimate of what your wedding will cost. My estimate was less than $100 off of what I am paying for my disney wedding in August. Look it up if you'd like!

You should call the DFTW number again and explain your situation. They are very accommodating with these types of things and can reassign you a different sales rep. Generally speaking, the sales reps can't give specific pricing info on certain things (for example, flowers, food, etc) but they can guide you as far as how much you can generally expect to spend and your minimum expenditures. We had Pam as our sales rep and she was amazing! The good news in your situation is that as soon as you sign the contract and pay your deposit, you never deal with the sales rep again. You then get assigned a planner. I'm also not sure if I am allowed to link to it, but there is a fairy tale weddings guide that has an amazing spreadsheet that you can use to find out an estimate of what your wedding will cost. My estimate was less than $100 off of what I am paying for my disney wedding in August. Look it up if you'd like!

Thank you for your feedback!!! Yes, I wasn’t asking for specific pricing info (she made it clear during our visit that she can’t provide that) but was trying to figure out what is included in the enhancements. (When I think “enhancements” I think decorations... but does it include photography? Or entertainment? Etc.) I was hoping she could just give me a list of examples of enhancements. (Or just like a standard/demo wedding with pictures and a list of “enhancements” they opted for etc.) Our current sales rep gave us a couple numbers and she was helpful in that respect. The numbers are exactly the amount of our budget (almost to the penny!) and I’m really nervous committing to something like this without getting the whole picture. Instead of putting my nerves at ease, she’s constantly pushing us to make a commitment.

The other thing she does that I really don’t appreciate is constantly reminding me that she only works 9-5. I have never contacted her at odd hours or expected a response outside of regular hours. (For example, I called earlier this week around noon and she didn’t return my call until 6pm that same day. During the call she made it a point to remind me she wasn’t supposed to be working...? Then why call!?!) She also seems unprepared or not interested, she doesn’t remember my name (or fiancé’s) or any details about us for that matter. I would hope she would at least do a little refresh prior to calling me back? Super frustrating experience so far! I’m going to call and see if we can switch to Pam. Thank you for the suggestion!!!

Enhancements include any product or service provided by Disney, so that's photography, entertianment, characters, floral, decor, transportation—basically everything you need for your wedding. You might be interested in the Wishes Overview episode of my podcast, which explains all 3 minimums in great detail.

I too was nervous about signing a Disney wedding contract before I knew exactly what the event was going to cost, which is why I wrote my Fairytale Weddings Guide and constantly update it with specific pricing.

Our sales rep has been incredible. She has really been a major help and has gone above and beyond what we expected. Our rep wasn’t Pam.

AHHH YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing your link, I have been pouring over Pinterest trying to find a Disney wedding blog to get info from somewhere outside the Disney website!

My biggest fear is we’re going to jump into this and as we’re planning we’re going to encounter extra things we want to do/add (floral upgrades, etc.) and it won’t be in the budget because we’re already at our max. If I know exactly what my money is going towards upfront it would just help me justify taking the plunge!

:thumbsup2 If it helps, I also have a ton of wedding info, like photos of all the WDW wedding venues and a bazillion menus, over here.

I had a terrible sales rep too (yours sounds an awful lot like mine) but thankfully once we signed our contract, we got assigned an amazing planner! Hang in there!! And definitely, definitely download the Fairytale Weddings Guide! It is a lifesaver in planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!