Need Help finding a Hotel

tweetybird0306

Earning My Ears
I am taking my kids to DL for the first time in October. I would like to stay somewhere decent but close to the park enterance because of the kids. Any suggestions would be wonderful!! Thanks :confused3

Park Inn, Tropicana, Carousel, Fairfield are all close by on Harbor. We have always liked the Park Inn and Tropicana. If you look at some of the other threads, many people seem to like Park Place Inn. I have also stayed at the Desert Inn but prefer the other 2 that I mentioned above.

The HoJo on Harbor is slightly farther down the street than the others mentioned (3 - 5 minutes), but they are certainly our favorite. I think they are the best hotel with kids. They have 2 big pools, a kids pool and spray area. You can see the fireworks from the main pool area. The 'home office' rooms are the best, they are quite large. Your kids will love the flowers, vegetation and twinkle lights all over the property. Here's their website:
http://www.hojoanaheim.com/index.html

Tripadvisor.com has reviews of the all the DLR area hotels, I recommend checking there before booking.

All of those mentioned above are on my 'list'. I have a list of hotels right across from the park and those are the only ones I use. In addition to those listed, I also would considere staying at BW Park Place Inn or Del Sol.

Other posters really like Candy Cane Inn. I've never stayed there, but many folks love it. Its a little farther, so a longer walk. But they do offer their own shuttle.

According to tripadvisor.com the best 3 hotels in the area are Grand Californian, Candy cane and HoJo.

The GC costs about 3 times as much as the other two, but all 3 receive great reports here, and on every other website I've read.

I've stayed at HoJo and loved it, and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else - others have the same view of the CC.

So if you can't afford the GC - it would have you be HoJo or CC. Both are about 10 minutes walk from the park - HoJo has a great pool, and CC comes with breakfast.

We really like, within walking distance, BW Park Place, Tropicana & Hojo's. Although we thought Hojo's grounds were great and the rooms nice sized, the bigger fridge, shorter walk & bit of breakfast at Park Place win out for us.

I highly recommend the Candy Cane. Walk is close & on same side of street (Harbor) as the parks. There is only on street crossing that is never as busy as Harbor. Our rooms have always been clean, staff have always be friendly and courteous. If you want to save your feet...the shuttles are prompt.

Love Candy Cane Inn! They have their own shuttle that runs every 30 minutes, and are also a short walk if you prefer. They have an outstanding free breakfast that goes beyond continiental. Everything is very well maintained and sparkling clean. I highly recommend it.

I suggest the Howard Johnson hotel. I stayed there last July and was happy with it. However, I'll be staying at the Tropicana Inn and Suites for my trip this July. It will be my first time staying there. I don't suggest the Disneyland hotel .I stayed there years ago and the room was filthy. People have complained about that in recent reviews. In my opinion, if you stay there now, you're just paying for the name. I hope you enjoy your trip whenever you go. ::MinnieMo

My mom, sister and I stayed at Candy Cane Inn last November. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very nice. The furnishings were nice. The grounds were very pretty.

We choose to walk to Disneyland (it seemed quicker than the shuttle) and we took the shuttle back to the hotel. It was really nice to have a shuttle that didn't share with other hotels. The walk was about 7-10 minutes to the front gates.

We had a ground floor, Premium room; it has slightly more square footage than a regular room. The two queen beds where comfortable. The room had a fridge, coffe maker, etc. Plenty of space for three gals who like to over pack!

The breakfast offerings were fine--no cooked to order like the Embassy Suites, but it was fine. The pool area is nice. If your kids like a big pool, you might want to consider another place, it's not huge. There is a hot tub too. We didn't use the pool because it was cool when we were there. October has some warm days, so you might use the pool more.

I am going back to DL this summer with my husband and kids, and I am considering going to CCI again. The pool is a big issue with my kids, so we may try somewhere else with a bigger pool.

We just got back and loved staying at the Fairfeild Inn. If you stay there ask for a room that have the fire works view. Which is up high like 4,5, 6 floors. (during the day is ugly but at night you can see the matterhorn all lit up and the fireworks are great) They have a cafe on the 3rd floor and a gift shop in the lobby. The staff were very friendly. The beds were very comfortable!!! The walk is closer than the HoJo. Rooms were very clean and decorated with disney pictures. Oh and EVERY ROOM has a mini refridgerator! There is a microwave on the 3rd floor.

Also there is a mimi's cafe close which is the best place for breakfast. There is a millies cafe that delievers to the room - but there food is not as good.

This hotel is rate 2 diamonds but I would give it 2.5 -3 for the service and location alone.

I will vote for the HOMEWOOD SUITES (about 1 mile away / not walking distance) because we just spent 3 nights here and it was clean with a solid
breakfast included in the price ( $109 per night for 4 ). The staff was very friendly.

The best part was having a seperate sleeping area & refrig & microwave.
The pool is jsut avg but it was to cold to swim anyway. I FOUND DRIVING TO THE PARK, PAYING THE $10 PARKING FEE was easiest but I think it depends on your kids ages.

I love Candy Cane. (but.........)

But I just got back from HoJo's and I cannot say enough positive about it. We got a Disney View room and watched fireworks there every night. The place has a very relaxing feel to it. The pool area was pleasant and there was a small waterplay area that the little ones seemed to go wild over. It is situated near two family resturaunts and McD's is nearby as well.

Their gift shop was loaded with snacks, breakfast items, souveniers, etc. A pleasant surprise - I wrote the manager to see who could arrange a gift basket for my son - the hotel arranged one for me at cost. For less than thirty dollars the basket was complete with Star Wars figures, root beer, beanies, and little knick knacks. My son was floored - completely!

The rooms were large and the entire staff was very pleasant. We will be frequent flyers. :love:

I'm worried about the walk to and from the park? Can you convince me that it's worth it? Also, what about staying in building 4, can you just walk out to the parking lot and head up Harbor to the parks?

With two children aged 5 and 9 we were able to d the walk from HoJos to the park in no more than 10 minutes. It was so close one night and I ran back for warm coats and made it back to the park before they had finished dinner.

The only access to Harbor (I think) is through the front of the complex, but this is haredly a detour as the Ho Jo complex is not that big - perhaps 1 more minute on your walk time. It really is very close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!