Need help figuring out a name of a Disney Christmas special with Mickey Mouse

curch

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! My wife is looking for a Disney Christmas special that she had taped on VHS as a kid back in the 80's. She doesn't know the name of it. I would like to find it for her for Christmas. But I have no idea what it was called. I actually did watch it with her once but it was back in maybe 2001. The tape has been since losted. Possibly thrown away by her perents when she moved out. Anyway, here are some detailts. I do recall Mickey and Minnie in this. It was not a cartoon. It was the actual characters. I remember people ice skating in it. I think with Mickey and Minnie. Possibly dancing Christmas trees. Any help would be great!

Thanks, Joe

Welcome to the Dis Joe:) This won't be much help, but I think I know the tape you're talking about. Maybe a couple of random details will help you track this down. In the 80s you could buy VHS tapes at the Disney Store(and other places) with the costumed characters. There were several in the series including a beach themed tape, a Disneyland theme, and the Christmas tape.
The photo on the cover of the tape had Mickey & Minnie dressed in Dickensian type outfits with Mickey in the tophat wearing a scarf, etc. I'm reasonably sure these never made it to DVD (maybe Laserdisc?). Take a look at Ebay, it's probably your best bet. Good luck:earsboy:

Was it one of the Sing-a-Long songs series? Here's one on Amazon...

Otherwise, if it was something recorded from TV, it just may have been a Christmas special aired one year (they used to do that a lot more often) that never got released on any format at all. :sad2:

The link Sorsha posted is def the series I remember (though I totally mis-remembered the costumes on Mickey & Minnie). Re-reading the first post I think it's possible what Joe is looking for is a Disney Channel special taped from TV. That one might be pretty tough to track down. Good luck:earsboy:

I found out what it is called. It was made in 85. Its called magic kingdom yuletide special. Any help would be great! I can't seem to find it anywhere.

You Tube part one
You Tube part two
You Tube part three

Now go to this page, and for each video, put the URL into the bar, select "convert to other format", then click next.

On the next page you will be able to select what format you want it to be converted to, MPEG is a video format. After choosing your options there, click next again.

On the next screen it will download and convert your video, then allow you to save it to your computer. Repeat the process for each video.

Now you can either watch them on your computer, at your leisure; or use a movie making program to merge them and burn them onto a DVD. Aslo, if you have a BluRay or other device that streams You Tube, you can set that up and watch them on your TV that way.

HTH!

Oh wow.....why can't I just buy this somewhere. Thank you for your help though. But the truth is, I am still trying to figure out my digital camera :)

Oh wow.....why can't I just buy this somewhere. Thank you for your help though. But the truth is, I am still trying to figure out my digital camera :)

Because a lot of the really old Disney TV stuff will probably never see a direct-to-video release. :) It just would never get the sales (except with us fanatics :) ) to make it profitable to put it out there.

I am kind of technologically-inept too, :upsidedow but I have taught myself how to do a lot of the You Tube streaming and conversions because I know its the only way I will ever have some of this obscure stuff for my collection.

Good luck to you in your quest though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter