Need help deciding which parks which days.

technodisney

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My family is going to WDW from 8th April - 16th April
Arriving around 8pm on the 8th and leaving 6am on the 16th.
This is our first trip ever to WDW but we have been to HKDL x2 and DLR x1.
There are 2 adults a 6 'kids' aged 9-19. I have tried using touringplans.com for crowd levels but I just keep on getting more and more confused. We would like to have a rest day where we don't do much somewhere in the middle so we have 6 park days. We definitely want to spend 2 full days in the Magic Kingdom. We will be staying on site.
How many days at each park? Would you park hop? Any other suggestions?

XMMtm

https://imgur.com/a/XMMtm
This is the plan I have tried to make with the last day spending the morning at HS EMH, around 12 head over to EP, do WS then head back to see the 2nd HS nighttime show.

I always do two MK days, and one day at each other park. I know you said you have six, so you could leave the 6th as a rest day or just plan light and do what you want when that days up.

Just do the parks on what days you want to go -- the only thing I avoid is a park with evening EMH if you aren't going to use them.

I always start and end with MK, with the other parks in between. :)

Let's start with the basics and you can go from there:

1. If you WILL take advantage of early EMH, then start off at that park. But again - only if you're going to get there and rope drop and get the advantage of it. If you will not be there during the morning EHM, do not do that park.
2. If you can hop, I find it's great to do the few hours of the day in the EMH park and then hop over to a park without EMH that day. If you do that, make your FP reservations for the 2nd park of the day for the first few hours you're there. (And read some threads on how to best use the MDE app to search for add'l fastpasses. Can make a huge difference.) I suggest making your FPs starting either 1-2 hours after park opening or right when you plan to go to the second park so you'll be able to get add'l ones.
3. I think with those ages you'll want (either in full days or split over multiple days) 2 days in MK, 1.5 - 2 days in Epcot, 1 - 1.5 day in AK, and half to full day in DHS depending on how many of the shows you want to see there.
4. I don't know what your restaurant plans are or evening show plans but hopping is very useful to catch all the fireworks/end of night shows and hit your ADRs without being locked into that park each day.
5. Remember with crowds some parks are less sensitive to it - World Showcase for the most part you can see whenever you want. The shows at AK and the animal trails if you want those are less sensitive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter