Need help..crunchy snack ideas?

Ms.Grumpy

Sweet Home CHICAGO!
What are some healthy chip-like foods that I can eat while on WW. I know pretzels are good, but does anyone have any other "chip" that they eat?
TIA

I don't do WW so I don't know how many points these are but my go to crunchy, salty snacks are:

*Air popped popcorn drizzled with olive oil and s&p (olive oil on popcorn tastes strangely close to butter)

*Pickles

*My favorite tortillas cut up in triangles and baked. I have a Misto that I put olive oil in and spray the chips so whatever seasonings I choose to use stick (also, you can put cinnamon/sugar on the chips as well if you want something crunchy/sweet)

*Pita chips (I like Stacy's) or Flax Seed tortilla chips from Trader Joe's with hummus is yummy

*I like pretzels dipped in different kinds of mustards

My votes are for popcorn (the 94% FF or whatever it's called), baked Scoops, and FF Pringles. Count out one serving and figure out the points..they are all pretty low!! (I can't remember exactly what they are and I hate to quote incorrectly!)...those are the things that cure my saltly/crunchy cravings....:goodvibes

Pretty simple....

Apples, radishes, carrots, broccolli, cauliflower....

1 oz of almonds, pumkin seeds, etc.

Notice the trend.

One of the best ways to shed lbs is to move from processed food.

Sorry, not the answer you were hunting for but I am not a man-made food snacker.

I like carrot sticks/baby carrots with hummus. Athenos Spicy Three Pepper is my favorite. Not exactly chip-esque, but takes care of my crunchy/savory cravings.

It sounds crazy, especially since I don't even like cauliflower, but for a zero point option raw cauliflower dipped in salsa works really well.

I used popcorn while doing WW. It was filling and saved over chips(Doritos are a weakness) which I have a problem stopping once I start.

Recently I've been getting a big bag of banana chips at the farmers market. I don't know if it saves points/calories but they are more nutritious I'd say.

How about cucumber slices and raw slices of bell peppers(my fav are the sweeter red, yellow and orange ones YUM) they have a crunch and great for keeping calories low.

Oh and another crunchy snack I liked on occasions last month that I just discovered are some really tasty pretzel thins. They are light and airy but crunchy. But I am with Coach Charles if you move away from the processed snack foods into fruit and raw veggies you find less cravings for them and will start to have insatiable "thirst" for the water content of the fresh fruits and veggies.

Sahale nut snacks are good as long as you adhere to the portion sizes and there are several different flavors to choose from. I also like carrots with either hummus or salsa. Apples and peanut or almond butter are yummy for something a little sweeter. For chip like things I prefer humbles hummus chips.

Someone mentioned cucumbers. I slice them really thin (using a mandolin slicer) and dip salsa with them.

Ronda

Toss some drained/rinsed chick peas with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle on some salt (and pepper if desired). Oven roast in a hot oven (425-ish) until crunchy. Truly a yummy treat. Makes me crave it right now, just talking about it!..........P

I gotta have the crunch, too!

I love Fuji, Pink Lady or Honeycrisp apples, sliced and sprinkled with cinnamon; I eat one almost every day.

If you want chip/cracker type foods, try Trader Joe's. Read and compare labels but I've found several I like there including Pita Puffs, Savory Rice Thins, Root Veggie Chips and Pretzel Thins.

My personal favs:

Rice Cakes (Quaker Oats have some good flavor).
Sugar Snap peas :lovestruc
Carrots
Grapes

I love them raw and crunchy. :laughing:

Frozen seedless grapes in the summer are like crunchy little dessert balls.

Crispy fried rice is also yummy! Throw a thin layer of old rice on a non-stick pan and don't stir. You'll get one big rice cracker that you can break up into smaller pieces and season. Normal rice crackers, like the ones you buy at the store, are too puffy and airy for my taste. Fried rice crackers are denser and are more satisfying imo.

I make popcorn popped on the stovetop in olive oil with garlic salt. I eat TONS of this. I honestly don't know how many calories or points are in it, but it's working for me, so.....

Gotta second raw veggies.:thumbsup2

It was about 12 years ago, DH and I started following a plan by Chris Imbo. Very strict calorie count. I was planning our food and it got down to the only other thing we could eat during the day was veggies. We were used to eating a single serving bag of chips. We replaced that with the veggies to satisfy the crunch factor. We've been eating the veggies ever since. My DH says that lunch isn't the same unless he has his veggies.:laughing:

Make a mix. It's way more interesting that just eating one. And you will really start to appreciate the different elements. For instance, cucumbers and celery are high sodium veggies. Carrots really are super sweet. Etc etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter