Need help choosing the best hotel for me!

Shoshannah

Mouseketeer
I've done some research, but still can't decide on a hotel and would appreciate anybody's knowledge of Universal. My daughter (21) and I will be going in January for 3 nights. When I showed her the hotels on Universal's website, by looks she chose Endless Summer, Sapphire Falls, and Hard Rock. I also like the idea of Royal Pacific since you can get EP and it looks like it's walking distance. I want to be close to the parks. I'm use to walking from my hotel to Disneyland. I have a ton of food allergies and I might have to eat pre packed food from home in the hotel. We've only been to Universal once and did both parks in one day so any advice will be helpful!

I've done some research, but still can't decide on a hotel and would appreciate anybody's knowledge of Universal. My daughter (21) and I will be going in January for 3 nights. When I showed her the hotels on Universal's website, by looks she chose Endless Summer, Sapphire Falls, and Hard Rock. I also like the idea of Royal Pacific since you can get EP and it looks like it's walking distance. I want to be close to the parks. I'm use to walking from my hotel to Disneyland. I have a ton of food allergies and I might have to eat pre packed food from home in the hotel. We've only been to Universal once and did both parks in one day so any advice will be helpful!
Pick HRH or RP. Both offer express pass and both are within easy walking distance (10 -15 minutes) to one of the parks. Boat transportation is also available.

The unlimited free ep is included for all staying at Portofina Bay, Hard Rock and Royal Pacific hotels.

All 3 of the above hotels have a free water taxi which empties out at City Walk.

Sapphire Falls also has a water taxi but this hotel does not have the free EP

Read the FAQ sticky
It has a link to contact guest services in the parks.
Since you have questions about dietary restrictions, contact GS for info for dining in the parks.

For hotel and City Walk dietary questions, contact them in advance or when you check into your hotel.

From SFalls, if you don't get a red light when on the water, perhaps 6 ? minutes until you dock in City Walk.
That's my guess-...

Royal is very close to SFalls so maybe a minute difference

Thought I should list the link here for you to help you with the dietary issues.
I should have done this when I replied back to your question.
I realized after I posted to your question, you might be overwhelmed as there is so much to read and look up when planning a trip.

I read earlier this evening that Disney is closing early on Tuesday
UO is keeping their regular schedule on Tuesday so you can call tomorrow if you wish.

Do check out the FAQ-Easy Access sticky

Dietary requests:

Send Us A Note
If you have venue-specific questions or questions that have not been answered here, you can e-mail FoodServiceCUF@universalorlando.com for dining locations within Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios Florida, or Universal CityWalk. Please allow 48 hours for a response. To make dining reservations at one of our on-site hotels, please visit the concierge desks located in the lobby of each hotel or call (407) 503-DINE (3463) for more information.

When I showed her the hotels on Universal's website, by looks she chose Endless Summer, Sapphire Falls, and Hard Rock. I also like the idea of Royal Pacific since you can get EP and it looks like it's walking distance. I want to be close to the parks. I'm use to walking from my hotel to Disneyland.
Hard Rock Hotel will also get you EPs and is the closest on-site resort for walking. We never use the water taxi when staying there. We think the price at HRH is worth it over RPR, but RPR would be our second choice.

For comparison, I would liken the walk from the parks to HRH equivalent to the walk from DL park gates to the DTD entry point near Disneyland Hotel. Walking to RPR is probably more like walking to one of the off-site DL hotels across Harbor Blvd. Neither are terribly far walks, but HRH is close enough where we never consider using the water taxi.

Taking the water taxi from HRH makes your walk longer, because the water taxis drop off on the other side of the water than the parks and then you have to walk to a bridge and cross it. The path from HRH (and PBH) takes you on the side of the parks.

I would pick one of the 3 deluxe Universal hotels. The free Express Pass is really worth it, especially for a short stay. You’ll be able to to get much more done not wasting time in queues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!