need help ASAP - CAR!!!! *update*

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
They came down another $3000. Yes or no???

The bank loan is approved, financially we will still be in good shape even with the payments.

And the Mini might be mine too. the German guy can't secure insurance in Germany or the UK.

I would say that if you were looking at needing to put close to 10,000 into your old car getting the new one is a better deal. If you can financially handle the payments I think that would be the better place to put your money. At the same point I would advise you to pay off the loan as quickly as possible by increasing your payment and I would never sign a loan with an early payment penalty.

Rebecca

What is the car?
I would say if it's going to work and get everyone to/from and you safe get it... it's a monthly payment vs 10K out of pocket in one swoop!

The car is the Audi Q7 diesel. I could potentially drive this car for 15 years, it's the best of the best engine wise. It's a lot of money, though. I'm scared!!!!

Rebecca I always paid more then the minimum, plus the loan is through my bank, not their financing so I feel more secure with that. I can also get the disability insurance where if DH gets hurt or what ever, the bank will pay the loan.

My husband say while Audis are expensive they are also wonderfully made and very safe.

Rebecca

I agree, before the mitsubishi we always drove VW's. The germans have mastered engineering. The only reason we bought the Montero was because when DS7 was born the Passat was tight with 2 car seats and an booster and VW didn't make anything bigger. Man, I loved that car!

and fyi, yes I would buy American if I could but I have never been able to reach the pedals on a Ford, ever. And I don't feel comfortable driving an Escalade or a Surburban, too much car for little ol' me.

And Lisa said the same thing, it really comes down to the safety of the kids. I won't even drive my car to her crops because it's been acting funny. I don't want to be out somewhere with the kids and something bad happens.

I would never give you grief for not buying American. Right now, that doesn't seem like the best idea. If they do go belly up, what good is any warranty?

I would get the newer car. payment vs lump sum in this economy, I'd rather be able to have the cash at hand. Can't do that if you pour the whole thing into repairs.

Oh, and I just googled the Audi. Oh my, she sure is purdy Sheldon. [cousin to Plankton] You should totally get that.

Congrats!!! :)

We are still looking.. I don't want a car payment again until I pay mine off in December.. but I have 2 vans I really, really like... however one of them I don't like the 2nd row bench seating.. I want to captains seats....so it's really not a viable option!

DH is trying to talk me into a 5 seater since we will still have the mini-van for big events.... however, I have to have a vehicle that sits up off the road (unlike a car) after 8 years of driving higher off the ground I feel like I get road rash when I drive in a car! LOL

And Lisa said the same thing, it really comes down to the safety of the kids. I won't even drive my car to her crops because it's been acting funny. I don't want to be out somewhere with the kids and something bad happens.

When it comes to being on the road, safety first!

white with black interior

It must be a thing of beauty! Can't wait to see it Saturday. Will you let me sniff its new car smell? First person to spill it in gets to clean stalls! :ride:

Sadly it doesn't have a new car smell because the GM had all his personal crap in it. But DH did give them a laundry list of things to do including new car smell! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter