need fun ideas for 2 off park days!

Head to a beach if that sounds good. Clearwater is where we plan to head for a day this year. We also had a blast last year at Sea World, but that's not the cheapest option.

The Boardwalk would be fun to tour. We've been to the Beach Club a couple of times and the Boardwalk looks so nice across the water from there.

Dan

Stinkerbell1973 said:
We never leave WDW property when we go, but we wanted to do something different during our trip this September so we are going to do a day at Discovery Cove. Can't wait!!

Just came back from our first trip to Discovery Cove. One word - AMAZING! You will love it. I highly suggest it if it works in the budget. Our favorite part was actually the bird aviary.

My wife and I just got back and we spent some time at Ft Wilderness and had fun. The horseback riding was fun (a bit pricey) and the archery was a lot of fun. That wasn't expensive at all. There were agers 10-50 all atthe same time and we all had a lot of fun.

I agree with the PP that suggested Port Orleans Riverside. We absolutely love it there and Yehaa Bob does put on a great show.

As far as activities for off days DTD is a great place to grab something to eat and do some shopping. The waterparks are both relaxing. If you are a little more adventurous, I would suggest going on a hot air balloon ride or heading over to Florida Ecosafari and checking out their activities. We went ziplining there, and we had a fantastic time!! Both of those activities usually take up your morning so you would have the afternoon and evening to go swimming and have dinner. You could always head over to DTD or the Boardwalk in the evening.

If your budget allows, Discovery Cove is amazing!! Definitely something you wouldn't want to miss if you had the opportunity.

If staying at a DTD hotel I would tour the resorts but do it this way.

Go to the DTD bus stop and either do it one of two way. Either just get on the first resort bus that gets there or one from a certain level of resort like the first deluxe. From their take first bus to a park and then repeat. Since you have no where to get to at any particular time just wing it.

Of course if you really want to see a certain resort just work into your non plan.

Fishing is great at Disney.

Also-why not add park days for not a lot more per day?

wdw2012293-1.jpg

wdw2012301.jpg

wdw2012302-1.jpg

wdw2012287-1.jpg

wdw2012292-1-1.jpg

wdw2012330-1.jpg

WDW2010024-1.jpg

WDW2010023-1.jpg

wdwfish1.jpg
[/IMG]

wdwfish2.jpg
[/IMG]

If you have a car, then take a day at the beach. We usually do Clearwater, and have a nice drive over the Sunshine Skyway for some difference scenery. Otherwise, shopping is something we really enjoy, because it's so different from the UK!!!

Beach club shows a disney movie on the beach each night and has a bonfire. Boardwalk is GREAT at night, my 3 kids loved the street performers and walking around. POR does a bonfire and has marshmallows to roast for kids at night.

Beach club shows a disney movie on the beach each night and has a bonfire. Boardwalk is GREAT at night, my 3 kids loved the street performers and walking around.

Just keep in mind that there are certain nights when the performers aren't there. I believe they perform Wednesday to Saturday.

POR does a bonfire and has marshmallows to roast for kids at night.

It does?! That's awesome. We're staying there and the kids will love this.

DH and I are doing one day at US and then other day heading over to the Titanic Exhibit and maybe play come mini golf, shopping, eat...whatever grabs our fancy.

I know we're also spending a day exploring the other resorts, Boardwalk and DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter