Need Explanation Please !! About France Restaurants.....

bellenbuzz

Living Happily Ever After
We have 10ppl, all on the Dining Plan.
What is the difference between the Chefs De France Restaurant and the Bistro Paris restaurant up-stairs ?????
None of us have eaten at France & want to try it this next vacay.
What is the scoop on these two places ????
We want to get the most out of our Dining Plan $$$$$!!!
What do you guys suggest???? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Bistro de Paris does not participate in the Dining Plan.

I really like Chef de France. We would go there before there was a dining plan. Now that it's included in the plan; it's even more or a must go to at Disney World for us. I don't think you will be dissappointed there. You definitely get your monies worth off the plan with this restaurant even if you go for lunch hours.

We have not tried Bistro; so, I can't make a comparison between the two for you. With that place not being on the plan, I would save it for another time when you don't get the dining plan.

I always wondered what the difference was..
Also wondered why Italy doesnt have a counter service..

Well, we are all set for Chefs De France, have ADR's, and Dining Plan (1TS).
None of us have tried this restaurant before so I ma looking forward to it. The menu looks yummy !!

:dogdance: :butterfly :flower1:

If you have children in the group, france might not be very accommodating....so I've read on these boards. I ahven't experienced it myself. Just a heads up.

molly2004 said:
If you have children in the group, france might not be very accommodating....so I've read on these boards. I ahven't experienced it myself. Just a heads up.

according to allearsnet they offer burgers, chicken fingers, pasta and fish nuggets... and i recall my sis telling me that they made one of her kids a grilled cheese sandwich :)

We brought our DN6 and DN1 with us on our visit to Chefs de France in January. It was wonderful as usual. We didn't feel that we were treated any differently because we had young children with us this time. (I'm sorry to say I cannot say that of other restaurants, like Brown Derby, where we didn't receive the same level of service we have come to expect from our previous visits as a couple.)

molly2004 said:

molly, I think you may have the Bistro and Chefs mixed up. Bistro is the one that some on the Boards say is not accomodating. Supposedly there is no children's menu there. We did take our children there once but I don't think they were very small at the time. Pretty sure there was a kids menu then too though.

But Chefs has as many children as any other non character restaurant. Ours have been dining there since Epcot opened. Way back then we just had two and they were 3 and 1. Ahh memories.

That's correct: Bistro de Paris does not have children's menu items; Chefs de France surely does.

BCV23 said:
molly, I think you may have the Bistro and Chefs mixed up. Bistro is the one that some on the Boards say is not accomodating. Supposedly there is no children's menu there. We did take our children there once but I don't think they were very small at the time. Pretty sure there was a kids menu then too though.

But Chefs has as many children as any other non character restaurant. Ours have been dining there since Epcot opened. Way back then we just had two and they were 3 and 1. Ahh memories.

I probably did get them mixed up. :blush: I could have sworn I read something about the fact that the service takes quite a while (thought that could happen anywhere), waiters not offering non-alcoholic choices for bevvies even though there were children at the table, etc. My apologies for getting them mixed up.

Bonjour !!

From those who have eaten at Chefs, what are your comments ??
And what was really wonderful to eat ??

bellenbuzz said:
Bonjour !!

From those who have eaten at Chefs, what are your comments ??
And what was really wonderful to eat ??

:wave: We had lunch there last December. It was VERY good. I had the Frech menu which was lobster bisque, a toasted ham and cheese sammy and creme brulee. The sammy was yummy but the soup and brulee were TO DIE FOR :love:
Hubby had steak and fries which were also good and my sisters had mac and cheese which was to "fancy" for her,and the half chicken with mashed potatos that was very good.
Even though on our upcoming trip we are mostly trying out new places we are returning to the excellant Chefs De France for dinner :goodvibes

We are trying all different places this time around too.
We have the Dining Plan so that really helps.
Thanks for comments !!! :thumbsup2 :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter