Need Expert advice on planning a Mickey themed wedding...

madonna31

<font color=9999FF>WDWWDS Entertainment VP<br><fon
Hello all!
WOW! I've been lurking around these boards for the past couple of weeks and can not believe that I just found a section dedicated to Disney weddings & honeymoons! I mean - I already received so much usefull informtion for our DW honeymoon on the resort post area! This is just way to cool!

Ok - so here is where I need the help - I need your 'Disney creativity' in helping my fiancee and I bring Disney to our wedding. So far, we have Mickey & Minnie themed; invitation sets, confetti for the tables, antennea toppers for the limos, bride & groom ears, ears for the bridal party, Bride and Groom toasting glasses, cake server set, cake topper (our wedding cake is going to be a replica of Cinderella's castle), bombinieres (sp?) and money box for the reception line...

Im am SO stuck for what to use as table centerpieces...help!! Or anything else you can think of to add 'mickey/minnie' to our wedding, the help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Christine

Sounds like you have just about everything covered!!

I don't know what kind of centerpieces you are looking for but here are a few I've read about people using:

pictures of their trips to WDW in frames
flower or ivy topiaries shaped into mickey ears
Disney snowglobes, set on little pedastals

And instead of numbering your tables, you could have them named as rides, resorts, shows, etc...

I'm sure you'll get more wonderful ideas!

OH my God - I love the idea for table numbers!!! I think Im going to use that one - thanks!!!

Excuse my ignorance - but what exactly are Topiaries? Sounds like a great idea - but I don't know what they are...lol!

thanks again!
Christine

Topiaries are "shaped" flower arrangements. All of the bushes/flower arrangements around WDW that are shaped into various characters, animals, etc....those are topiaries.

But what I've heard of being used aren't quite as intricate (unless you have the time to grow and shape them before your wedding! LOL). The ones I am thinking of usually have the flower pot at the bottom and then a skinny middle and then some kind of shape (usually a ball) at the top. I have a Mickey one that is made of ivy. I took a couple wire coat hangers, made a skinny bottom (just the straight wire) and then shaped the hanger into a Mickey head. Then I trained ivy to climb up it and "fill in" the head.

Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I will try to find a picture!

That makes perfect sense - what a great idea! thanks!!

I have an idea for centerpieces. What about a couple of disney bean bag animals interspersed into the floral arrangements. Or Disney balloons held in place by some arrangement. What if you could find a disney themed candle, place in on a small mirror with a glass globe around it, then you could spinkle disney confetti all around the bottom of the arrangement (out of flame reach). You could also used disney themed cookie jars as the center and fill them with either flowers or confetti. You could keep the tops in there boxes and pre-arrange who you would give them to at the reception. Make sure you announce early on who will get them (ie the person whos name card has a cinderella sticker on it please take the centerpiece as our gift to you ) so that they are not taken by just anyone. Good luck

Gee - thanks those are really good ideas to...it is SSOOOO much more fun to plan a wedding using Mickey stuff...lol!

sorry to post again so soon but my dd had a good idea too. You know how at holidays you can get those little trees to hang ornaments on. You know what I mean they are kind of like stick trees with lots of places to hang things on. What if you got white ones place them on a mirror, sprinkled the base with the confetti and then put all Disney themed ornaments on them. You could have one ornament per guest. She wanted me to post it and I thought it was a great idea. We were putting up our halloween one right now. By the way, she is 5. I hope that doesn't mean she is planning her own wedding so soon.

LOL...Im sure that one day she will make her fiancee happy when she is willing to have all the great ideas and do all of the planning!

Please tell her that I LOVE that idea!! But - where on earth would I get those trees and trimmings?

Thanks-
Christine

Don't forget all the Mickey shaped candles, they would add to the centerpieces!

Christine - check the latest TDS catalog for the ornament trees. They have one (it's gold, though) with a Mickey head at the top! It's very cool...I love the idea of giving an ornament to each guest as a wedding favor (what an incredible 5 year old!) WDW has boxed ornaments that are less expensive than buying them seperately. They have mini-Mickey heads or even sets of characters (like SW and the dwarfs...that set is in the catalog too).
The latest TDS catalog has lots of great stuff...the cover has a Christmas tree on it, I think. I just got it yesterday in the mail.

To get a catalog just go to the Disney Store web page by clicking this link: <A HREF="http://www.disneystore.com">www.disneystore.com</A>

<FONT color="#000080">Sorcerer thanks for the kind words about my DD. She is wonderful and very creative. I do believe she will be in a creative field someday. We are definitly a Disney Family and I do forsee a Disney wedding in her very distant future. I told my DH to save up now (lol)</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter