Need Breakfast Advice -- Chef Mickey's or change?

Anonomom

DIS Veteran
We currently have an ADR for Chef Mickey's on the last day of our trip, but recently I've been hearing negative comments about it and am getting worried that it's not a good idea.

We won't have any park tickets left by departure morning, so if we switch somewhere else, it'd have to be at DTD or a resort. Any suggestions/guidance?

You don't say where you're staying, but we love the character breakfast at 'Ohana. The Polynesian is beautiful and we had never seen it before our breakfast there. The food was excellent and it's right on the monorail.

Our family loves Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. The food and characters have always been great! :thumbsup2

Granted it was a year ago, but we absolutely LOVED Chef Mickey's breakfast! We also did this on our last morning and it was a really great ending to our trip. The food was excellent, lots and lots of variety and wonderful character interaction.

Another option is Cape May Cafe (Beach Club resort). Never ate there, but we plan on this to be our character breakfast on our final morning of our next trip since we will be staying at BWV right across the lake and it will be convenient. I have heard great things about the breakfast there, and it has Minnie, Goofy and Donald dressed up in beachwear. But no Mickey there.

There is also 1900 Park Fare which I also heard is good and we are considering for our next trip as well. They have Alice & the Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh & Tigger and Mary Poppins. I heard the food is excellent and they also have an omelet station there.

DH and I were there in June. It was just the two of us and we had a blast! There are a lot of antics with the characters and I thought the breakfast was pretty good. I would return in a second if I could talk DH into spending that much money. He doesn't like spending the money that Disney charges for their meals (cheap skate and just doesn't understand Disney magic) :confused3.

We were at CM this past Saturday for our last day as well...And the four of us agreed it was the "Best" character breakfast of the trip...We think Ohana is a close second because the food is soooo good, the view is amazing, and the characters are great...But CM has a much larger variety of food and the characters are classic with quality interaction to go with them...We went to the MK for a couple of hours after breakfast before heading off to the airport...We really felt it was a great way to end the trip!

I would keep your ADR for Chef Mickey's because everyone seems to say their breakfast buffet is great, plus it's got a great atmosphere and you get the fab 5 Disney characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter