Need booked vacy to make dining reservations?

JJIRmom

Mouseketeer
I'm planning on going to Disney this September but don't have my vacation booked yet. I'm waiting for FD to be released first before I book it, as I heard this way its easier so I don't have to wait on hold on the phone I can just book online. BUT my 180 day ADR will be about a month before FD is released. Can I book dining reservations if I don't have my trip booked yet? This will be our first year using FD to book TS credits so I'm a bit lost, we have always done CS @ value.

ANYONE can make ADR's 180 days in advance.
It's just that you won't get the perk of 180+10 that you would if you had a resort reservation already booked.
Meaning you'll have to book your ADR's one day at a time.
BTW keep in mind FD is not a guaranteed discount and it may or may not jive with your dates if/when it is released.

There are a lot of locals who have a pass but just go to the parks for the day and return home at night and they can make dining reservations just like anyone else.

Thanks for the info. Credit cards not an issue, I don't believe they hold a charge just need it to hold reservation so that's not a big deal :) Ahh makes total sense about locals being able to make reservations, didn't even think of that.

If you are looking to book hard to get ADR's, you might want to book a room only reservation now so that when your 180 day window gets here you can book all of your ADR's at one time. That is what we have done in the past and then when FD comes around you can just call and have it applied to your reservation, or in some cases you will have to make a new one and cancel your room only reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter