Need answer quick (E-Bay)

Buzzsgramma

DIS Veteran
I had an Armani up for auctionwith a BIN ..person says it was an ereor he was just trying to bid it up and ended up winning auction....I really dont care to sell it to him if he doesnt want it, it will go sometime...what can i do...besides just tell him ok...anything??? I will have to pay fee i know (the item was for $199.00) any suggestions i am leaving town Wed. morn...

If this where my auction here's my take on things. First i believe you should NEVER bid on anything you are not in a position to buy nor want. I would tell him he has x amount of days to pay for the item then you will have to file a NBC on him in order to get your fees refunded to you. And that would be how i would handle it. I have been lucky with my ebaying but i'm may be in your shoes in a few days if this lady does'nt pay and my item is 400.00! I contacted her prior to auction end because of her 0 feedback and she assured me she wanted the item so we'll see. Best of luck with your sell.

I agree with PartyOfSix, however if you want to go easy on the person--tell them if they pay for the listing fee and the Final Value Fee, you will not file the NPB/FVC (Non-Paying Bidder/Final Value Credit) on them. Look at your Ebay account to determine the amount of your filing fee and final value fee.

As a fellow seller. I see your point. I would NEVER Bid on anything if I didn't want it . Because it states that the bid is a binding contract to purchase. I always state payment within 7 days. Tell him when to pay buy and follow up on the Non Paying Bidder and get your fees refunded.

person says it was an ereor he was just trying to bid it up and ended up winning auction....
OMG, what a jerk! What purpose would 'bidding it up' serve HIM?

I agree with asking him to pay the listing and final value fees. If he doesn't agree, go the NPB route and give him negative feedback...

I would contact eBay immediately. Tell them what happened and forward the e-mail you received from this "bidder". When eBay sees what has happened they will probably kill his account, which will also protect you from a possible negative feedback. Then file as non-paying bidder and ask for your fees back.

Originally posted by Cheshire Figment
I would contact eBay immediately. Tell them what happened and forward the e-mail you received from this "bidder". When eBay sees what has happened they will probably kill his account, which will also protect you from a possible negative feedback. Then file as non-paying bidder and ask for your fees back.

Ebay will not do a thing until the bidder has THREE FVCs filed against him--it does no good to email Ebay about non-paying bidders--they have a 3-strikes-and-you're-out rule. They will occasionally take action against fraudulent sellers but generally will do nothing about bidders except through the NPB/FVC process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter