Need an excuse

Jason2015

Mouseketeer
The last two years the educational associations I am part of have had conferences across the interstate from WDW and they have been perfect excuses for a solo trip to my favorite place. This year they have picked Nashville and Boston for conferences-now I don’t have any problems with Nashville or Boston-but I can’t tell my kids I’m going to Orlando for a conference and leave them behind if there isn’t a conference. I need a new excuse for a solo adventure-any ideas?

It depends on your family and your individual situation. I mean, my parents went to Disney World on their own once while I was in school. (I know, right? What's up with that!)
But adults sometimes need to have their own vacation time too. It just happens to be that your choice of solo vacation is Disney. Maybe you promise them a different trip at a different time?

Or if that's not going to fly, maybe you do bring them this time and just wait until the next time the conference is in Orlando to enjoy a solo trip. There are lots of fun things you can do in Boston and Nashville both on a solo adventure.

Um, take the kids this time?
The kids have not been hurting for travel the past year. We took them to Washington DC and New York for two weeks over the summer. We spent Spring Break at WDW and spent 4 days in SoCal and DLR just before Christmas. Sometimes though it is nice to visit WDW and not be on the "kid" schedule.

It depends on your family and your individual situation. I mean, my parents went to Disney World on their own once while I was in school. (I know, right? What's up with that!)
But adults sometimes need to have their own vacation time too. It just happens to be that your choice of solo vacation is Disney. Maybe you promise them a different trip at a different time?

Or if that's not going to fly, maybe you do bring them this time and just wait until the next time the conference is in Orlando to enjoy a solo trip. There are lots of fun things you can do in Boston and Nashville both on a solo adventure.

I agree sometimes its nice to have a grown-up trip. Maybe its time to put on my big boy pants and enjoy the new locals. Just have enjoyed time in Disney.

Call it a research trip. You’re going to get the lay of the land for a potential future move to central Florida. While you’re there what’s the harm in visiting the mouse? With how fluid real estate is this will surely take several years of research as a home is a complex purchase. Must be thorough.

Tell them you’re going to Orlando. They don’t need to know anything else.

Or tell them the truth. My husband and I went to Disney without the kids in June. Took the kids in October. Going with my sister in February.

I’d say best is to just say you are going to Disney. Honesty is the best policy. And probably good for your kids to know they can’t do everything you do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter