Need alternative to Victoria and Alberts

kmk160

Mouseketeer
Heres the scoop.....
I was going to get my mom dinner for her and her DH at Victoria and Alberts and told her about it ahead of time.
My mom is an extremely picky eater. Give her a filet mignon and mashed potatoes and she's happy!
She told me as much as she'd LOVE to eat there, she's afraid it would be such a waste of money since she most likely won't try half of the things they offer.
Do you have any suggestions on other places that are fancy and more upscale either on property or not?
Thanks in advance

Something tells me this thread will lead to a fairly regular debate on the Dis as to what's the best upscale steakhouse in the area...with some favoring Yachtman's, others favoring Ruth Chris, and numerous others further away popping up into the discussion....

Personally my 2c on the subject would be Yachtman's, but that's because I have an RC here in Tampa, so I like to go to Disney joints when at Disney...

If she wants to stay on property, then Shula's is the best steak in my opinion. Narcoossee's has a good surf and turf option as well. Many will suggest Yachtsman, however I wasnt a big fan of the atmosphere, especially if V&A was what was originally booked.

If they want to go off property, then there is the usual Ruth's Chris or Mortons. Del Frisco's is another great option, but its quite a ways away...

I am a big steak eater. Have eaten almost eveywhere that serves a decent steak on property.

I would suggest Narcoossee's. The Grilled Filet Mignon with Potato Gratin, Broccolini, and Choron Sauce was absoluely fantastic. The decor of the restaurant is upscale with beautiful views of Seven Seas Lagoon.

I would also give the Wave a try, the steak we had was the best on our last trip.

Wow, no one has suggested Le Cellier in Epcot/Canada???

To be honest I've never been there & I'm not a big steak eater, but Le Cellier is one of the hardest restaurants to get into because people love their steaks.

I've also read a number of rave reviews about the steak at Narcoosees and Jiko's....though, if she's picky, she may not like the other course selections at Jiko's. The steak is very traditionally (American) cooked, but the cuisine of the restaurant is African so she may not be too excited about the appetizers, soups, & salads with African flair. This cuisine is my personal favorite, but may not be for others.

That said, go with Le Cellier or Narcoosees!

Thanks for all of the posts.
We go to Disney every year so I was trying to come up with something new and a place she's never been.
Keep the thoughts coming...I appreciate it so much!

The best filet we ever had at disney was at the California Grill. It melted in your mouth.

And you can't beat the view.

We were just at the Yachtman's in January 2009 and must say disappointed. Steaks were not of the quality they had been in the past and service was slow.

My family's recomendation would be California Grill.

We had a great filet at Artist's Point at WL on our last trip. It was one of our best meals on property. It's at the top of our list for our next trip. :)

If your mom loves steak/potatoes..send her and her hubby over to flying fish. They have the best steak on disney property..tell her to tell them to put the sauce on the side. The food is great, service is great, nice restaurant!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter