Need Advice

steves100

DIS Veteran
I really screwed up and forgot to bank about 160 points, Feb use year.

So now I have to go down by Feb 1. Right now there is like nothing available in January. Did book 3 night Fri-Monday at Saratoga Springs, REALLY dont want to stay there.

Have 2 Waitlists going. If there are single days available, would it be better to book them and try for the waitlist for the individual days?

Thanks

Steve

I really screwed up and forgot to bank about 160 points, Feb use year.

So now I have to go down by Feb 1. Right now there is like nothing available in January. Did book 3 night Fri-Monday at Saratoga Springs, REALLY dont want to stay there.

Have 2 Waitlists going. If there are single days available, would it be better to book them and try for the waitlist for the individual days?

Thanks

Steve
You could call MS and throw yourself on the mercy of the CM that answers. My brother missed his banking deadline because his daughter was hospitalized and he had other priorities at the time. The CM gave him a one-time exemption and banked his points for him. However, he was only a couple of days late when he called. The exemption is a courtesy and is not a rule, so YMMV.

Otherwise, 1-night wait lists definitely have a better chance of being filled than multiple nights. However, your chances of success are greater at the larger resorts. So, even though SSR is not your preferred location, it is the one that you are most likely to see your wait list coming thru.

I know its not optimal but I just cancelled SSR (really dont want to stay there) and made 3 individual nights, 1st GF, 2nd Bay Lake, 3rd Copper Creek, At least they are close : )

If

I suggest you try to Rent them out, or Transfer them. If you contact David's or some of the other point brokers, and tell them what you have, they MIGHT be able to find someone who wants to go to Aulani, or something. But you will probably have to list them at a discount ($12 pp? $10 pp?)

If you find someone to Transfer them to, I HAVE HEARD that the Transferee, the person who receives them, can bank them, right up until the Use Year expiration date. Don't know about that, since I have never done it, but I have read several messages, going back over 10 years, that say things like that.

If you find someone to Transfer them to, I HAVE HEARD that the Transferee, the person who receives them, can bank them, right up until the Use Year expiration date. Don't know about that, since I have never done it, but I have read several messages, going back over 10 years, that say things like that.

Sorry that is not correct. Points retain their home resort, UY, expiration date and banking deadlines.

What others have mentioned is you might get an exception from MS to bank after the deadline.

OP have you tried talking to MS?

It is confirmed that transfered points can be banked after the banking deadline (but before UY expiration).
I would ask for the one time exception.

It is confirmed that transfered points can be banked after the banking deadline (but before UY expiration).
I would ask for the one time exception.

I have never heard of that, but hands down I never looked into it.

IMO it would be very unfair that transferred points could be banked after the deadline and unbanked points could not.

I have never heard of that, but hands down I never looked into it.

IMO it would be very unfair that transferred points could be banked after the deadline and unbanked points could not.

Since most who ask for exceptions are given them in reality it doesn't seem to be that unfair.

I know its not optimal but I just cancelled SSR (really dont want to stay there) and made 3 individual nights, 1st GF, 2nd Bay Lake, 3rd Copper Creek, At least they are close : )

If

Not optimal is an understatement! You'll waste time every single day in getting ready to move and moving. At a minimum an hour a day and it's likely going to be more than that unless you're really good at moving. If the reason to not stay at SSR is because it isn't at the parks I'd 100% think you'd waste less time in travel to the parks than you will in moving.

You could almost certainly get a full week at Hilton Head. Its going to be quiet in January without much to do - but you could have a put your feet up and relax vacation with a whole bunch of books or movies.

Not optimal is an understatement! You'll waste time every single day in getting ready to move and moving. At a minimum an hour a day and it's likely going to be more than that unless you're really good at moving. If the reason to not stay at SSR is because it isn't at the parks I'd 100% think you'd waste less time in travel to the parks than you will in moving.

Was able to get 2 nights at Boardwalk and first night at Grand Floridian. If Disney moves the luggage it wouldnt have been the worst situation, but, yes a major pain.

Was able to get 2 nights at Boardwalk and first night at Grand Floridian. If Disney moves the luggage it wouldnt have been the worst situation, but, yes a major pain.

Last night, as well as this morning, there is five night availability in a two bedroom Savannah View at AKL from January 7-11.
It was there last I checked at 8 am. I would have kept (and there is still January availability) SSR and have access to DTD in the evening
with your limited stay but at least you get to experience both resorts. We are doing our first split stay (intentional) in January, a
BLT studio from January 4-9 and a dedicated 2 bedroom at SSR for January 9-12 so we have DTD in the evenings.

Keep stalking and put in your WLs. We didn't book this trip until we got home from our September trip when we decided to go back again in January. I got my 8 nights, exactly what I wanted (monorail and then SSR) by stalking and we will be there during a busy time, end of NYE (January 4) and leaving January 12 (Marathon Weekend).

Enjoy!

Last night, as well as this morning, there is five night availability in a two bedroom Savannah View at AKL from January 7-11.
It was there last I checked at 8 am. I would have kept (and there is still January availability) SSR and have access to DTD in the evening
with your limited stay but at least you get to experience both resorts. We are doing our first split stay (intentional) in January, a
BLT studio from January 4-9 and a dedicated 2 bedroom at SSR for January 9-12 so we have DTD in the evenings.

Keep stalking and put in your WLs. We didn't book this trip until we got home from our September trip when we decided to go back again in January. I got my 8 nights, exactly what I wanted (monorail and then SSR) by stalking and we will be there during a busy time, end of NYE (January 4) and leaving January 12 (Marathon Weekend).

Enjoy!

Just checked only 2 days available now at Animal, need weekend also, daughter is in highschool

Just checked only 2 days available now at Animal, need weekend also, daughter is in highschool

Keep checking and stalking. I was surprised that AKL still had the full five nights this morning.
I have seen a lot of movement this week with dates, especially since it is getting close to the 30 day mark where points go into holding.
If you can keep stalking do so and make sure you have two WL in place.

And to answer your question, I think it would be easier to match a single day then multiple at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter