Need Advice for Football Game!

wendy3

Mouseketeer
HUGE Seahawks fans, and Russell Wilson leaving for Denver broke our little hearts. The season schedule just came out and the first game is Seahawks hosting Broncos on Sept 12. We're going to be at WDW that night so OF COURSE we are planning our entire vacation around the game (just kidding). But we do want to watch the game. Any suggestions where a fun place to catch the game on property would be?

I thought that I read in another thread that there was a pub/restaurant in either the Swan/Dolphin complex or it might have been the Riviera or Coronado. Not much help but you might want to look into these possibilities

RIX Sports Bar at Coronado Springs
Plus it is really a nice place to walk around property.
View attachment 669008
I’m actually staying there for the first time on my next trip. Read some good reviews. I have been staying atDS hotels lately which don’t have Diseney transport so this shouldn’t be a problem.

That ESPN sports bar isn't currently open according to the Disney website, but maybe by Sept. it will be. Most sports bar seems to attract those interested in whatever sport is currently in season.

I'm not the person who responded, but we just got back from our first trip to Coronado (stayed at GDT) and we loved it! Beautiful property, great dining options-- felt like a Deluxe.
Thanks. I have heard good things about it and have a reservation in September. Just looking for confirmation that it is a good choice

Wonder if they plan to replace the ESPN place with something else? Seems like a waste of prime space to have it sit empty.

Wonder if they plan to replace the ESPN place with something else? Seems like a waste of prime space to have it sit empty.
They are and if you are a sports fan you won’t like it. It’s going to be a tea room of some sort. I doubt that burgers,wings and beer will be on the menu.

DANG IT!!! We were semi-planning on ESPN since we're staying at Swan. We're flying out on the morning after the game so we will DVR the game (and try to avoid spoilers) just in case we can't find it on property. Coronado might be our best option. Thanks for the suggestions!

HUGE Seahawks fans, and Russell Wilson leaving for Denver broke our little hearts. The season schedule just came out and the first game is Seahawks hosting Broncos on Sept 12. We're going to be at WDW that night so OF COURSE we are planning our entire vacation around the game (just kidding). But we do want to watch the game. Any suggestions where a fun place to catch the game on property would be?
What resort are you staying at?

Posted up at Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge in October during MLB postseason and had no issues getting the games on.

I think it will depend on if the game will be televised in the Orlando territory or if they have the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!