Need advice...Extra day, where to go

DisneyDaddy-O

Dis Dads Club Member #286
We are set to arrive a day before our check in at POP. We are going with another family and we all want to spend a night at the beach. We were thinking Coco beach. We would like to be within two hours of Disney. What do you think?

Any ideas....?

Our thoughts are to swim and just chill at the beach for the morning.

We are set to arrive a day before our check in at POP. We are going with another family and we all want to spend a night at the beach. We were thinking Coco beach. We would like to be within two hours of Disney. What do you think?

Any ideas....?

Our thoughts are to swim and just chill at the beach for the morning.

Depends on what type of Beach you want (ie. Atlantic or Gulf). Personally I prefer Gulf. When we have stayed at Disney we have taken a 90 minute drive to St Pete beach/Treasure Island (the list continues as they all are islands next to each other) to spend time there. Fort Desoto Park is also close by and has been ranked as one of the best beaches in the US. I would stay at Disney and do a day trip (but thats me), but take care of Tampa rush hour traffic. Not that you couldn't get a place right on the beach for an overnighter if you wanted to.

Legoland sounds like a blast but we were thinking beach so the kids can say they swam in the ocean. We check in on the 29th and thought we would stay overnight on the 28th.
Fort desoto park sounds intriguing, I will investigate a little further.

Thanks guys
Nick

I'll give another vote for St. Pete Beach. We're going there for a couple of days before we go to WDW. I'm not a big "beach person" but we enjoy it and it seems to be a pretty nice area. Never been to Cocoa Beach myself...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter