Need a reward? Talbots sale!

Disneyaholic

DIS Veteran
In case you are looking to reward yourself for your weight loss and/or need some new clothes because your old ones are just falling off you...

Talbots started their semi-annual sale! I got there shortly after the doors opened this morning and rewarded myself quite nicely, LOL!!

The biggest reward, though had to be the two pairs of size 8 pants I bought! Six months ago, I was barely able to squeeze into my 12s! I hope I can talk my husband into believing that having the old ones altered would have cost almost as much as buying the new ones! :eek:

I think we all deserve a reward for being the most supportive, encouraging, and inspirational board on DIS, don't you???

;)

Good for you! Size 8, what a pretty size, I just like saying it...size 8. One of these days I might even be able to wear that size. Stranger things have happened ;)

I think you are right, though. Have you ever priced alterations for women's clothing? Outrageously expensive. You could buy a new garment for what you would pay. Men, on the other hand, get a really good price on alterations...oh well, don't get me started :teeth:

You have earned a reward. I'm proud of you.

Been there done that! I love Talbots, I just bought a new outfit to go to my Aunt's 80th Birthday party this weekend. Did you see the white sweater with the beach chairs on it? I bought that with a blouse to go underneath and some aqua pants shoes and a bag. They have the nicest outfits in there!

Originally posted by Lynn CC
Did you see the white sweater with the beach chairs on it? I bought that with a blouse to go underneath and some aqua pants shoes and a bag. They have the nicest outfits in there!

I walked around with that sweater in my hands for about a half hour! I love novelty sweaters and Talbots has some of the best! ;) BUT, as I got to the checkout counter and realized how much I had accumulated, I had to make some tough decisions. :(

That sweater didn't come home with me because I bought a similar one last year or the year before -- it has buttons instead of a zipper, and other beach items, along with the beach chairs. It also has novelty buttons -- sunglasses, etc.

I love that sweater, but living in Atlanta, don't really get to wear it too often, so I couldn't justify another one today. (Besides, I'm still trying to think of justification for all the stuff I *did* buy...)

:eek:

Originally posted by nativetxn
Good for you! Size 8, what a pretty size, I just like saying it...size 8. One of these days I might even be able to wear that size. Stranger things have happened ;)

I think you are right, though. Have you ever priced alterations for women's clothing? Outrageously expensive. You could buy a new garment for what you would pay. Men, on the other hand, get a really good price on alterations...oh well, don't get me started :teeth:

You have earned a reward. I'm proud of you.

You'll get to that size 8 if you really want to, Katholyn! I haven't been there since before kids and that was LONG ago...

The price of alterations IS staggering -- but the one that really gets me is dry cleaning. Men's shirts are always less expensive to have laundered than women's. They SAY it's because the pressing machine doesn't accommodate the buttons on the "other" side, like women's shirts have.

Yeah, right. (Wish I could say my ironing board doesn't accommodate certain things either...)

:p

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

Hey, I almost didn't read this thread, but I'm glad I did since you have a surprise hidden in here for us! Woo-hoo!!! You must be THRILLED to be wearing size 8s!!! That is wonderful!!! Especially after squeezing into your 12s earlier in the year. You have come a long way!!!!!!! I think you more than deserved to treat yourself to some fine new clothes (and how sweet of you to wait until they went on sale!) ;)

No fair not announcing your new size in the subject line though. How are we supposed to congratulate you and pat you on the back for your Tiggerific accomplishment if you disguise the news as a Talbot's sale thread, eh? ;)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Congrats on the size 8.

I may just have to run over there when they open this morning. I am working from home today so maybe an EARLY lunch.

Congratulations Dottie!!!!

I am so happy for you. WOW a size 8, that is great.

You deserve to go shopping for new clothes. You worked so hard to get there. I am sure your husband is very proud of you and won't mind the new clothes. I tell my DH that buying new clothes makes me happy and boosts my self esteem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter