Need a new digital camera on a budget-asking the experts!

PeterPan09

<font color=royalblue>bury my iPod with me, on shu
I'm not a photographer by any means, but do enjoy taking good photos. I've been disappointed with the digital cameras I've used because the images seemed blurry. My current digital has 6 mp, and I know the technology has moved way beyond that, and that alone might cure the blurry problem. I had a Pentax SLR before the digital era, and would love to have a DSLR but that is way out of my budget these days. I'd like to have good quality zoom and the ability to shoot decent photos of the fireworks and shows.

I've fallen in love with a Nikon L110, but I think that's more about looks. This forum comes rated highly and I know you can give me some excellent suggestions!

First of all, its not all about mp. Your blur could be coming from many sources, so lets get beyond that. Two and half questions, do you still have the lenses from the Pentax SLR and if so can you tell us what they are?
Second, what is your budget?

No, sorry. I don't have the Pentax stuff anymore.

I'd love to keep it in the $150 to $200 range if at all possible.

I don't have a lot of knowledge of the superzoom (bridge) cameras, but I did a quick review at dpreview.com. The latest coolpix version of what you are looking at is the L120. It has some improvements over the L110 that I think you would like. First, it has a higher ISO range. Which might help with faster shutter speeds to reduce some of the blur you are currently experiencing. It has a 21x optical zoom vs 15x for the L110. The LCD screen has better resolution, a greater range of shutter speeds and aperture settings. I checked with Adorama and they have the L120 (black) for $259. The L110's are becoming hard to find which leads me to believe the 120 replaced the 110. Maybe someone with more knowledge than I can jump in and advise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter