• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need a middle name for our baby girl Lucy

My DD's name is Lucy Renee... we also considered Danielle.

Renee came from my BFF who's name is Michelle Renee - Michelle from Michelle and Renee from "just walk away Renee" (Not sure who sings the latter).

DH liked how Renee flowed with our last name. How about Lucy Elenor (Rigby)?

Congrats and good luck and I LOVE the Beatles schtick! It's great!

My mom FLIPPED when I told her we were going to name her Lucy... said it wasn't a grown up name. Oh well! I told mom if DD didn't like it, she could go by her middle name later! We love it and love her... all the nurses in the hospital gave us a hard time as our DD came out with DEEP red hair! They all wanted to know if we thought she'd be a red head and that's why we named her that... actually it wasn't. My recently deceased grandma's middle name was Lucille, it was a little throw back to her. :)

It has been a lot of fun introducing DD to people - they all seem to light up when they hear the name, so excellent choice!

Being a fan of The Beatles and of John, I'm going to suggest Lucy Winston, Lucy Julia or Lucy Maxwell. I like fun names and with a feminine name like Lucy, the middle name can be "cool!"

I love this post! My daughter's name is Julia so you know I'm a fan. I didn't do the middle name thing. I think the first name is enough. You already have a Penny Lane though, so I think you have to go with Abbey Road; Sounds good to me ;). I vote for Lucy Skye too. Have fun chosing!

I think a simple, classic name would be great with Lucy. What about Lucy Claire or Lucy Grace? Claire is my DD's middle name, and I love it.

Or how about Lucy Sky or Skye?

That's my thought!! Haha DH and I are playing around with Star Wars names for the new bun in the oven. :goodvibes

OMG, if I were doing a girl's name for Star War's it'd totally be Aayla Jade!

wow we have twins and named the boy luke walker couldn't do skywalker so walker was the closest and our girl is olivia but several call her leia

the middle name I like is Briar

Ok too funny.....ladies, my DD's name is Jade Sky, her last name is Walker. LOL So, she's Jade Sky Walker, and she LOVES it!!!!! She tells everyone her full name with pride. :)
And no, we actually didn't name her that after Star Wars, (altho everyone thinks so) we chose Sky simply because we loved it and it flowed so well with Jade. :)

I love the middle name Grace, lol, it's the one we have picked out for our baby if it's a girl. I also like Anne for a middle name :). Also not a fan of rhyming names here, but that's just me.

My girls' middle names are Anne, Grace, and Rose.

I think a simple, classic name would be great with Lucy. What about Lucy Claire or Lucy Grace? Claire is my DD's middle name, and I love it.
I love the name Lucy Claire, but it may be too classic and not edgy/hip enough for the OP. My DD's middle name is my last name. My DH and I have different last names and I did not want to have my name "lost".

How about Lucy Blue?
It's different...but I think it sounds kinda pretty! I got the idea from the Beatle's song, Blue Jay Way. ;)

Good luck!

Another vote for Lucy Skye here! I also thought of Lucy Vera...not sure about the flow though. Vera was one of the three grandchildren named in When I'm 64.

Lucy Starr- looks too much like Lucky Star- not good

like most i really like Lucy Skye
also: Lucy Belle, Lucy Stella and Lucy Winston

So I came across this post yesterday and didn't have any clever ideas until I went to bed last night.....and then I thought of this name...

Lucy Rae

Couldn't resist, I have to add my vote.

Can anyone guess what it is? :rotfl:

By the way, my first name is Penny.

Lucyanna Girl
Penny

Hi Dis-friends!

We are expecting our DD#2 in a few weeks, and we need a little help with her middle name. Our 1st daughter is Penny Lane, and we know we want to name our new baby Lucy (yes, we are Beatles fans) :)

However, we are stuck on Lucy's middle name! We were thinking Lucy Jane (then we would have Penny Lane and Lucy Jane). But we're not convinced.

Any thoughts out there? Love to hear opinions and suggestions!

Haven't read the replies to see if you've chosen a name yet, but our Lucy is Lucy Skye (we are also Beatles fans :goodvibes )

ETA - Everyone who hears our Lucy's full name LOVES it. I think Penny Lane and Lucy Skye go well together too. Can't wait to hear what you decide!

I love the name Lucy. I don't have any suggestions for middle names, but you have some good ones posted already.

Good luck!

i wanted to name dd3 lucy but i got vetoed she is mia rose, but if she were lucy she would have been lucy grace. i do think lucy skye is really fun

Initially upon reading your post, I thought Elizabeth would be great to compliment the shorter name!

I actually do like Skye too, or a variation, Skyler

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter