Need a good food tracker for night shift

Lindaland

DIS Veteran
Looking for some advice on tracking my food. I had used Myplate from Livestrong, but since I work nights, my meals were always off. Tracking "Lunch" at 3am just doesn't work sometimes. Any suggestions for an app that can help with tracking food for night shift workers??? :confused3

i'm not sure how time of day affects this one...I use MyFitnessPal and love it

It actually affected my daily totals. Some days when I woke up and had dinner before work, I wouldn't get in another meal until after midnight, so it would only count 2 meals and then another day I would end up with 4 meals. :confused3

Thanks for the info though, I will give it a try! :thumbsup2

I use myfitnesspal too. I go from midnight to midnight. Dont worry about specific breakfast, lunch, dinner times. Thats too hard when you work nights imo.

I use myfitnesspal, and at midnight I just roll the day back over to the previous one and keep right on tracking. It's Thursday here now, but I just had a protein shake and added it to Wednesday. It's a bit of an annoyance, but easy enough to do. :banana:

Thank you for reminding of myfitnesspal. I am a night shift nurse and I also swing with second shift. I have found my first night and or my last night of a stretch are my hardest since I am dealing with such fatigue. And no matter how hard I try to snack healthy, the candy drawer at work tends to offer too much temptation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have been using the MyFitnessPal app for the last couple days and it is working great! I do have to back enter some things to finish my day. Its never really tomorrow until I wake up! :lmao:

But it has been a lot easier to use than livestrong and its free!! :cool1:

Thanks for the info everyone!! :goodvibes

I am a hospice nurse and worked overnights during my major weight watchers "losing" time. (I would like to take about five more pounds off, but am at my goal). Anyway, I would just count my first meal of the day as "breakfast" then so on. It got a little screwy, but then again, at that time I was tracking with paper as opposed to online so it made it easier for me. I would consider AFTER my big sleep to be a new "day" and then start my day when I woke up (even on my "off work" days when I was on normal daylight hours.). So on an off day, my breakfast was at like 8 am. On a work day, breakfast was more like 4 PM. Does that make sense?

As a trainer , I setup all my clients on myfitnesspal and use it myself as well. its a great food logging app and very versatile for both i phone and android phones.
Highly recommended!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter