Need a campsite!

drmvk

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know of a way to most accurately check and re-check availability for a resort that's sold out? I've gotten lucky in the past and got a cancellation but now I'm starting to get desperate. I need one campsite over New Year's Eve and have just resorted to checking availability online at the WDW website each day. Does anyone know of a better way or some inside info as to how I can make this happen?

I get it's a longshot and I appreciate any help! Thank you in advance!

You will want to post on the Camping board for more information, but I would suspect anything from Xmas to New Year's has been sold out for weeks.

As suggested by the pp ask on the campground thread, but one trick that I have seen mentioned there is to check for a longer time frame. So, if you are just wanting a site for 2-3 nights, try adding a few nights at the beginning and the end. No one is certain why this works, but it does at times. Then you can call WDW and just cancel the unwanted nights.

I have seen this work before when I was debating a camping trip for a couple of nights while I was going to be in Florida visiting my family.

The main issue here is that the time frame you want is that it is probably the busiest time at FW so you really are going to have to just check multiple times a day to see if anyone cancels. Although it is last minute, you best bets are going to be about 5-6 days before you want to arrive as the cancellation policy for room (site) only is 5 days I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter