Need 2 days at MK?

LISAMWDW

DIS Veteran
Do you all think it would be wise to plan on 2 days for MK next week? I was planning on doing 3 parks but hearing how busy it is, perhaps we'll need the extra day for MK? I have some first-timers coming with me. Hmmm?

The parks have all been crowded, VERY crowded, most of March, and you MIGHT need two days for the Magic Kingdom; but it will really depend upon several facts you didn't mention above.

How many in your party? Do they all wish to stay together? Are there any small children in your party? Will you be visiting the Magic Kingdom during morning or evening Extra Magic Hours? Do you plan to make dinner reservations? (Probably too late for that now.) Are there any attractions y'all do not wish to experience? Do you plan to be at the parks before opening time? Will it be necessary for y'all to take a break in the afternoons?

Without this info, it is almost impossible to make meaningful suggestions?

Enjoy.

we will be there next week also. how busy has it been? what is the typical wait time for good attractions during peak hours?

One day that I have planned there, we have an 8am breakfast at Crystal Palace and an 8pm dinner at LTT. It is also a late night for resort guests, which we are. We have 5 people in our party and we are staying together. The youngest is 7 and she may hold us back alittle. We'll take snack/drink breaks but we are not leaving the park. It'll be her first visit so we think she'll be fine. My 9 yr old daughter is a reg WDW commando style girl! Lot's of training already! ( :

So, it'll be a long day but with the crowds, it may not be enough? There are some things that we don't plan on doing such as: Stitch, Tiki, PIC closed, Liberty boat, Astro Ob, Speedway and Cinderalla Celeb. Other than those, we'd really like to do everything else. I realize we may not know until we are there that we'll need another day. I've never had to (thankfully) lol, go at Spring Break so I was hoping those experienced Spring Breakers and/or just returning would have an any suggestions? I typically one to go in the off seasons but still hit it commando style!

Given your party, and the fact that the youngest is seven, I doubt that you will have any problem doing the Magic Kingdom in one day, especially since you will be there on an evening Extra Magic Hours day. And your meal reservations have been made.

If I were you, I would sit down with a park map and mark those attractions I wanted to visit. Then I'd plan a route through the park, keeping my meal reservations in mind. In planning your early morning, keep in mind the fact that the Jungle Cruise won't open until one hour after park opening, and probably won't be running during the EMH time.

The last time I visited the Magic Kingdom during evening EMH (Sunday, March 19), I made sure to do those things I really wanted to do BEFORE the regular park closing time (such as the Carousel of Progress and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority for example), leaving other attractions (such as Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion for example), for the late evening times when many of the crowd would be long gone.

You could plan one circut through the park beginning after breakfast, doing the attractions that will not be open during the EMH time. And then plan another trip through the park doing the big things that had huge lines during the day, but will not be crowded as you move into later EMH times.

You should have plenty of time to do it all. I hope y'all have a great time.

Enjoy.

I would definitely do two days in MK. At least plan on a day and a half if you are hopping. Some attractions are worth doing twice--especially to a 7-year-old. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter