Nearness of a handicapped cabin to a site with a tent?

PattnFmly

Dis Veteran
I know this has been discussed before, but not recently, and with the removal of some cabins just thought I'd ask. We plan to go next year, and will be two families- one with a quadriplegic who will need a handicapped cabin and one who plans to tent camp. Doesn't have to be a tent site, they will just be tenting. Which loops would be the best to request so they are not across the campground from each other? And are there a couple handicapped cabins in each cabin loop? Working on our planning, and hoping the tent family will not need to rent a cabin to be close together. Although the cabins are dearly loved in our family, they are not quite as budget-friendly. And we all so miss the campground! And miss the trailer my parents had when I was younger!

I know this has been discussed before, but not recently, and with the removal of some cabins just thought I'd ask. We plan to go next year, and will be two families- one with a quadriplegic who will need a handicapped cabin and one who plans to tent camp. Doesn't have to be a tent site, they will just be tenting. Which loops would be the best to request so they are not across the campground from each other? And are there a couple handicapped cabins in each cabin loop? Working on our planning, and hoping the tent family will not need to rent a cabin to be close together. Although the cabins are dearly loved in our family, they are not quite as budget-friendly. And we all so miss the campground! And miss the trailer my parents had when I was younger!
with the cabins that were removed we found sites not to be close as you will need to cross a main street, bus route, to get there. I would plan on not being able to walk between sites, cabin and RV/tent.

We are staying in the 2100 full-hookup loop while our daughter is staying in the 2300 loop (or 2200) - not sure if either of those cabin loops have accessible cabins. The direct phone # to Fort Wilderness is 407-824-2900 and they would possibly be able to give you a definitive answer. Good luck!

I was recently at the Fort and with all my walking around all the loops, the only close tent sites are in the 2000 loop. Although they did remove the cabins in the 2100 loop and made it into a full hook up site, from what I have noticed is there is not a very big tent pad area, they are mostly paved with a area probably about 6 feet deep from the end of the pavement. They could still put a tent on the site but it would hang off the pad and into the grass area which they would have to clear to make sure nothing would damage the floor of the tent. That is just what I noticed.

We are staying in the 2100 full-hookup loop while our daughter is staying in the 2300 loop (or 2200) - not sure if either of those cabin loops have accessible cabins. The direct phone # to Fort Wilderness is 407-824-2900 and they would possibly be able to give you a definitive answer. Good luck!
cabins on loop 2100 have been removed and changed to RV sites. sorry missed read your post but be prepared to have a bus route road between your site and the cabin route

Sorry, I was referring to loops 2300 and 2200 loops as cabin loops, didn't want to cause confusion. Thanks. :)

Hmmm. We may have to rethink this. Usually we get 3 rooms at Pop (one handicapped, one adjoining and one nearby). But we really miss the Fort and thought the kitchen would be better for feeding my handicapped brother. But we really need to be nearby to help with the lifting he requires from chair to bed etc. Thanks everyone for the answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!