Near the Paddock or Grandstand?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Room request at SSR. Got a standard view studio booked for four nights and I am hoping to be able to get a room that is not a mile away from check in so I put down for my first request- near a pool. My second is going to either be near the Paddock or Grandstand. Which one would you go with? I was thinking Paddock but now I am leaning toward the Grandstand.

Grandstand. We have stayed at the Paddock, Congress Park and the Grandstand. The Paddock - good pool, able to refill mugs, got on the buses fine but it was a bit of a walk to Hospitality House, DS and the boat. Congress Park - close to DS, quiet pool but no food or drink and a long walk to Hospitality House for refills/snacks, we had a stunning view over the water and down towards DS the first time which is an easy walk. The Grandstand - first stop on the bus so always got on and seated (great when we had my Mum and a scooter in October), close to a good pool with food and refills available when open, easy walk to Hospitality House, the main pool at The Springs and the boat to DS.

Mrs TT

Grandstand for the reasons already listed. Grandstand pool is rarely busy while the Paddock pool is packed. At least that has been my experience.

I am hoping to be able to get a room that is not a mile away from check in so I put down for my first request- near a pool

Near a pool isn't going to get you close to checkin. I love Paddock, and it's near a really nice pool area, but it's not near checkin.

Near a pool isn't going to get you close to checkin. I love Paddock, and it's near a really nice pool area, but it's not near checkin.
Well I was thinking the buildings that are close to a pool are the closest I could get to the check in area? Am I missing something here?

Well I was thinking the buildings that are close to a pool are the closest I could get to the check in area? Am I missing something here?
Yes. You are missing something. As @bumbershoot stated, near a pool may not be near checkin. Paddock has a big pool area and it is a long way from checkin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!