NBA Experience Opening?

Andrea0710

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone knew when the NBA Experience would be opening. We are hoping to take my son there when we go at the end of February. Thanks!

I know the entire staff was laid off (which is not surprising), so unless there have been any job postings out there, it will probably be a while.

What’s wild is the shop, which is closed, is still fully stocked!
That really is not odd. Last year once the stores reopened here in ORL last year. The stores looked like it just stopped in time. Easter and St Patrick's day MSHE.
Employees/cm walked out on March 20th, went home, leaving items where they were.

In 2001, after 9/11, they closed resorts .Once they reopened in 2002, French Quarter had the newspaper from 2001.

Last edited:

That really is not odd. Last year once the stores reopened here in ORL last year. The stores looked like it just stopped in time. Easter and St Patrick's day MSHE.
Employees/cm walked out on March 20th, went home, leaving items where they were.
In 2001, after 9/11, they closed resorts .Once they reopened in 2002, French Quarter had the newspaper from 2001.
You are right, as it was the same here, which was so weird to see. It just seems as if someone would have emptied it out or had a sale or something by now.

Possibly the biggest mistake in the company’s modern history. It was doomed from the start.
For sure. NBA ratings have taken a nosedive over the last 3 years and the NBA target audience is not the Disney target audience. All three of the major sports dropped in ratings, but the NBA was hit the hardest. :scratchin

I know they would be limited on what characters could be featured, but using that space for something Marvel themed would be an awesome fit I think

Actually, I do not believe the restriction on Marvel characters applies to Disney Springs. Without knowing the specifics of the contract, I remember they were able to use an Avengers monorail wrap for the resort line, but NOT the Epcot line because the Epcot monorail enters the theme park. With DS not being a "theme park" then they may be able to do something, though I am not sure if that would change if they charged for admission.

Me, I'll take Disney Quest 2.0.

Last edited:
Actually, I do not believe the restriction on Marvel characters applies to Disney Springs. Without knowing the specifics of the contract, I remember they were able to use an Avengers monorail wrap for the resort line, but NOT the Epcot line because the Epcot monorail enters the theme park. With DS not being a "theme park" then they may be able to do something, though I am not sure if that would change if they charged for admission.

Me, I'll take Disney Quest 2.0.
That's true. Didn't think about the fact hat it being outside the parks might allow them to use it. Maybe they could do an immersive Marvel themed dining/retail location. With other games, activities, VR, etc. Theme it to a SHIELD base.

I'm not surprised about the NBA Experience though. Seemed like a pretty niche concept, especially when general sports restaurants like ESPN all closed, including Downtown Disney locations. The fact that it never had lines or big waits while every other restaurant needed reservations usually probably killed it. If it wasn't that popular at opening it's not likely to increase much, and it probably has a lot higher cost to operate because of the additional experiences inside. I just wonder how long the place will sit empty now considering how long it took just to go from Disney Quest to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter