National Rental Car - how big of a pain, really?

Luv2Travel

Member since there were less than 5000 members!
I can not find a low rate with any other rental car company for before and after our cruise. :guilty: I love national (especially at MCO), but I know its further away from the Port. I called national at Cocoa Beach and was told it was 6 miles away and they had a negotiated transfer rate of $14 to/from the Port. But we have to call the taxi as soon as we clear customs (won't be there waiting after the cruise :confused3 ).

So just how big of a pain will using National rental car be? (Budget was double the price with every code I tried. :guilty: ) Any comments?

When is your cruise?

Ive never had a problem getting a low rate with Budget or Avis... and they will drop you off and pick you up at the port.

We fly into MCO on Sat, Sept 3, and have National minivan booked (there are 5 of us with 5 big suitcases) for $47.87 to drop off in Cocoa Beach.

Then I have another rental for when we disembark on Thursday, Sept 7, to pick up a minivan in Cocoa Beach and return to MCO on Sunday, Sept 10 for $132.44.

Would LOVE to rent something for Saturday to Sunday to avoid shuttles or taxis all together, but that really addes up! :rolleyes:

Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! :sunny:

What about AVIS? :confused3

We have them booked is September for our cruise. So far have heard good things about them

GoofyGuy777 said:
What about AVIS? :confused3

We have them booked is September for our cruise. So far have heard good things about them
The best rates that I can find for a SUV or minivan at Avis or Budget is around $75 for the one night, its around $200 for the 3 night weekend rental. :confused3

Check a reservation for the whole time period with National with a coupon from the Entertainment book. Parking is about 10$ a day, but it may be worth it if the weekly rental w/coupon is less than two shorter rentals w no coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter