National Days to celebrate - updated now 2024 June 17-23

Tues Feb 1
Baked Alaska Day, Get Up Day, Serpent Day, Spunky Old Broads Day, National Dark Chocolate Day, Decorate with Candy Day, Chinese New Year
Wed Feb 2
Heavenly Hash Day, Tator Tot Day, Groundhog Day, National Ukulele Day, Crepe Day
Thurs Feb 3
Carrot Cake Day, Day the Music Died, Feed the Birds Day, Doggy Date Night
Fri Feb 4
Homemade Soup Day, Thank a Mail Carrier Day, Stuffed Mushroom, Work Naked Day, Sweater Day, Winter Olympics Opening, Friends Day, Go Red Day (heart day)
Sat Feb 5
Bubble Gum Day, Shower with a Friend Day, Weatherperson Day, World Nutella Day , Ice Cream for Breakfast Day, Play Outside Day, Chocolate Fondue Day
Sun Feb 6
Frozen Yoghurt Day, Lame Duck Day, National Chopstick Day, Bob Marley Day, Yorkshire Pudding Day

Just wanted to say thank you! I showed last week list to DD so she planned to and did cook blueberry pancakes 🥞🫐 on Thursday. We mentioned it to my mom who is lonely due to restrictions and she made herself some too for dinner that day. So we connected remotely, thanks to this thread and the people maintaining it! :grouphug:

Just wanted to say thank you! I showed last week list to DD so she planned to and did cook blueberry pancakes 🥞🫐 on Thursday. We mentioned it to my mom who is lonely due to restrictions and she made herself some too for dinner that day. So we connected remotely, thanks to this thread and the people maintaining it! :grouphug:
Thank you - I have been doing this with my family and a friend for the last 2 years and we email back and forth what we have celebrated so I am glad other families get to enjoy together.

Mon Feb 7
Fettuccine Alfredo Day, Periodic Table Day, Send a Card to a Friend Day
Tues Feb 8
Boy Scouts Day, Kite Flying Day, Laugh and Get Rich Day, Molasses Bar Day
Wed Feb 9
Bagel & Lox Day, Pizza Day, Toothache Day, Read in the Bathtub Day
Thurs Feb10
Cream Cheese Brownie Day, Teddy Day, Flannel Day, Umbrella Day
Fri Feb 11
Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day, Giving Hearts Day, Inventors’ Day, Make a Friend Day, Peppermint Pattie Day
Sat Feb 12
Plum Pudding Day, National Lost Penny Day (aren’t all of ours lost)
Sun Feb 13
Cheddar Day, Tortellini Day, Get a Different Name Day, National Galentines’s Day, World Radio Day, SuperBowl Sunday,

Yesterday Mon Feb 7 was Send a Card to a Friend Day so I made my own friend cards, added some little funny quotes and mailed them out. Yup walked to the post office yesterday to mail them all. 10 in total including one to Bermuda. I take these days seriously folks.
Here is the one I sent to most people - found it in a dollar store and thought it was so cute. I scanned the card and made my own copies (I know bad but I had only bought 1 and wanted to send it to everybody).
2022 card 2 front.jpg2022 card 2 inside R.jpg

Mon Feb14
Cream Filled Chocolate Day 🍫, Ferris Wheel Day, Valentine’s Day 💖, Clean Out Your Computer Day :surfweb: :badpc:
Tues Feb 15
Gumdrop Day, Canadian Flag Day 🇨🇦, Butterscotch Day, Hippo Day
Wed Feb 16
Almond Day, Do a Grouch a Favour Day :love1:,
Thurs Feb 17
Cabbage Day, Random Acts of Kindness Day, Café au Lait Day ☕
Fri Feb 18
Battery Day, Crab Stuffed Flounder Day , Drink Wine Day 🍷, Caregivers Day
Sat Feb 19
Chocolate Mint Day, Tug of War Day
Sun Feb 20
Cherry Pie Day 🥧, Love Your Pet Day 🐶🐱🐰🐭, National Muffin Day Daytona 500 Day, Comfy Day , Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony

Mon Feb 21
Grain-Free Day, Sticky Bun, Card Reading Day, President’s Day, Family Day,
Tues Feb 22
Cook a Sweet Potato Day, Margarita Day, Be Humble Day, Walking the Dog Day, Cat Day, Tuesday February 22 (2-22-22) falls on a 2’s Day (get it :flower1::rolleyes1)
Wed Feb 23
Banana Bread Day, Dog Biscuit Day, Tile Day, Play Tennis Day, Curling is Cool Day, Single Tasking Day,
Thurs Feb 24
Tortilla Chip Day, Trading Card Day
Fri Feb 25
Chili Day, Chocolate Covered Nut Day, Let’s Eat Right Day, Clam Chowder Day, Toast Day, Skip the Straw Day
Sat Feb 26
Pistachio Day, Tell a Fairy Tale Day, Tongue Twister Day, Send a Letter to an Elder Day, Open that Saved Bottle of Wine Day
Sun Feb 27
Kahlua Day, Polar Bear Day, Retro Day, Strawberry Day, No Brainer Day, Pokemon Day
Mon Feb 28
Chocolate Souffle Day, Floral Design Day, Public Sleeping Day, Tooth Fairy Day

I just noticed that I missed a day. Today in Toronto it is Jamaican Patty Day.
""Jamaican patties arrived in Toronto with immigrants in the 1960s and soon became a firm favorite in the city. They are flaky pastry pies filled with spicy beef . This put them at odds with patties, the name applied to hamburgers and, according to the Meat Inspection Act, a 'patty' could only contain meat and seasonings - and no flour. Lawsuits were started. The group reached a compromise: the shops could continue to use the name “patty” or “beef patty,” as long as they specified them as “Jamaican.”
On February 23rd 1985, Kensington Market, the neighborhood where many of the patty shops were located, threw a party to celebrate the victory and as such Jamaican Patty Day was created. See a bit of history with your national days.
Now I will have to find some Jamaican Pattys for today. I am sure my family will love them.

Where has the time gone as it is already March?
Tue Mar 1
Dadgum That’s Good Day, Fruit Compote Day, Peanut Butter Lovers Day, Pig Day, World Compliment Day, Fat Tuesday (Pancake Tuesday), Paczki Day, Mardi Gras
Wed Mar 2
Banana Cream Pie Day, Old Stuff Day, Dr Seuss Day, Egg McMuffin Day, International Rescue Cat Day, Ash Wednesday
Thur Mar 3
Cold Cuts Day, I Want You to be Happy Day, Mulled Wine Day, Soup It Forward Day, Canadian Bacon Day
Fri Mar 4
Grammar Day, Marching Music Day, Pound Cake Day, Sons Day, Snack Day, Day of Unplugging Dress in Blue Day, Employee Appreciation Day, Tartar Sauce Day
Sat Mar 5
Cheese Doodle Day, Frozen Food Day, Play outside, National Poutine Day, Sock Monkey, Pasty Day, National Potty Dance Day
Sun Mar 6
Dentist’s Day, Dress Day, Frozen Food Day, Oreo Cookie Day, Learn what your name means,

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter