National Days to celebrate - updated now 2024 - May 6-12

May 25th

On May 25th each year, wine lovers everywhere pour a glass of their favorite wine to celebrate National Wine Day. Whether it is Red or White, the sound of glassing “clinking” will be heard around the world today.
wine day.jpg

Thur May 26

Blueberry Cheesecake Day, Paper Airplane Day, Jazz Day, World Redhead Day, World Lindy Hop Day, Cherry Dessert Day

Here is a pattern for a paper airplane. I did this last year and it seemed to fly great. Happy flying everyone.
national airplane day.jpg

Wed June 1
Go Barefoot Day, Nail Polish Day, Olive Day, Penpal Day, Say Something Nice, Flip a Coin Day, Dare Day, World Milk Day, Hazelnut Cake Day
Thur June 2
Bubba Day, Leave the Office Early, Rocky Road Day, Rotisserie Chicken Day, Running Day
Fri June 3
Chocolate Macaroons Day, Egg Day, Repeat Day (I Said Repeat Day), Bicycle Day, Doughnut Day
Sat June 4
Cheese Day, Cognac Day, Old Maid’s Day, Hug your Cat, Shopping Cart Day, Bubbly Day (not Bubly or Bublé Day),
Sun June 5
Black Bear Day, Gingerbread Day, Moonshine Day, Trails Day, Hot Air Balloon Day, World Environment Day, National Ketchup Day, Frozen Yoghurt Day, Cancer Survivor’s Day, Veggie Burger

Last edited:
Oopsey - apparently I missed an important Canadian Food holiday - Wednesday June 1st is National Buttertart Day in Canada. How could I have missed that? I will have to celebrate a day late tomorrow. Oh well I will remember for next year.

Mon June 6
Applesauce Cake Day, D-Day, Drive-In Movie Day, Eyewear Day, Gardening Exercise Day, Yo-Yo Day
Tue June 7
Chocolate Ice Cream Day, VCR Day, June Bug Day
Wed June 8
Best Friends Day, Name Your Poison Day, Upsy Daisy Day, Jelly Filled Doughnut Day
Thur June 9
Donald Duck Day, Earl Day, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day
Fri June10
Ballpoint Pen Day, Egg Roll Day, Herbs & Spices Day, Iced Tea Day, Flip Flop Day
Sat June 11
Corn on the Cob Day, German Chocolate Cake Day, Making Life Beautiful Day
Sun June 12
Jerky Day, Loving Day, Peanut Butter Cookie Day, Red Rose Day, Childrens Day

There are a lot of good days this week. Chocolate ice cream, egg rolls, chocolate cake. Very tempting. Maybe just a little slice, small bowl and only one egg roll.

I got such a special piece of real mail today! Thanks for the pick-me-up, personally made card to celebrate donald duck day!!!!!
Printers and microsoft word are wonderful tools aren't they? I am such a cheapskate that I copy store bought cards and make my own now. I have it down to a science how to place the paper in the printer to achieve my goal.

Mon June 13
Kitchen Klutzes of America Day, Sewing Machine Day, Weed Your Garden Day, Cupcake Lovers Day​
Tue June14
Bourbon Day, International Bath Day, Pop Goes the Weasel Day, Strawberry Shortcake Day, Monkey Around Day, Family History Day​
Wed June 15
Nature Photography Day, Smile Power Day, Global Wind Day, National Lobster Day, Fly a Kite​
Thur June 16
Fudge Day, Fresh Veggies Day, International Waterfall Day, National Vinegar Day​
Fri June 17
Apple Strudel Day, Cherry Tart Day, Eat Your Vegetables Day, Global Garbage Man Day, Stewart’s Root Beer Day, Take a Road Trip Day, Take Back the Lunch Break, Flip Flop Day​
Sat June 18
Go Fishing, Splurge Day, International Picnic day, International Sushi Day, World Juggling Day.​
Sun June 19
Garfield the Cat Day, Martini Day, Watch Day, World Sauntering Day, Turkey Lovers’ Day, Fathers Day​

Wow - I have been sharing our National Days now for a full year. Where has the time gone? Hope everybody is enjoying all of these days. I do celebrate alot of them in my house.
Today was Egg Roll day so we had Chinese food from our local store and we washed it down with Nestea Iced Tea.
Saturday is corn on the cob day so I bought some of that (too bad not Ontario corn yet) and I am going to try and make peanut butter cookies for Sunday.
Happy National Days everybody.

Loving our National Days To Celebrate.
Thanks for taking the time to post them each week Judy.
It adds some fun to my week to pick and choose which ones I want to do.
Thanks again

I'm going for Strawberry shortcake day
🍰
this week.
Hugs
Mel

Loving our National Days To Celebrate.
Thanks for taking the time to post them each week Judy.
It adds some fun to my week to pick and choose which ones I want to do.
Thanks again

I'm going for Strawberry shortcake day
🍰
this week.
Hugs
Mel
I can't wait for Strawberry Shortcake day as well.
Tomorrow I should stay out of the kitchen on Kitchen Klutzes of America Day.
Tomorrow I will also do some sewing on Sewing Machine Day. I need to create some placemats for my cousin for her 70th birthday in July.

Tomorrow I'm planning on starting the quilting on the wall hanging for our daughter-in-law and I didn't even realize it's sewing machine day! I put the sandwich together yesterday, fingers crossed I can get this done before the baby arrives!
Screenshot_20220612-221959_Gallery.jpg

I did some of the quilting today. Stared at it for a bit yesterday and said I thought the children needed to be outlined and hubby said "don't risk it!" I took that as a challenge! I'm more than a little impressed with myself so long as no one gets overly close I think it's passable
20220613_155331.jpg

Screenshot_20220613-162452_Gallery.jpg

I did some of the quilting today. Stared at it for a bit yesterday and said I thought the children needed to be outlined and hubby said "don't risk it!" I took that as a challenge! I'm more than a little impressed with myself so long as no one gets overly close I think it's passable
Oh I like the children highlighted like that. Makes them pop out of the quilt. Good job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter