National Days to celebrate - updated now 2024 - March 25-31

I will definitely be celebrating a few of those days this week. I think I could easily do one each day. Thanks for posting.

I don't know how I missed it but today is World Chocolate Day so enjoy a nice piece of chocolate today.
Good thing other forms of social media are here to remind me.
🍫
Well since I can't eat chocolate YOU will have to have an extra piece for me please.
Hugs Mel
1625677688900.png

2nd week of July days - July 11-18
Mon July 12
Different Coloured Eyes Day, Eat Your Jello Day (cherry is my favourite), Paper Bag Day, Pecan Pie Day, Simplicity Day,
Tues July 13
Beans ‘N’ Franks Day (oh yum), French Fry Day (oh yum), Barbershop Music Appreciation Day, Embrace Your Geekness, Fool’s Paradise Day
Wed July14
Grand Marnier Day, Mac & Cheese Day (yup I could have this one) , Nude Day (ain't nobody wants to see that) , Tape Measure Day, Pandemonium Day
Thurs July 15
Give Something Away Day (I would like to give away my family - anybody want them) , I Love Horses, Tapioca Pudding, Gummi Worm Day (I have some of these) , Be a Dork Day ( I don't need a special day for this)
Fri July 16
Corn Fritters Day, Personal Chef’s Day, National Fresh Spinach Day
Sat July 17 Lottery Day( must buy a scratch ticket) , Peach Ice Cream Day, Strawberry Rhubarb Wine Day, World Emoji Day, Wrong Way Corrigan Day, Toss Away the “Could Haves” and “Should Haves” Day (we can do this one people)
Sun July 18
Caviar Day, Sour Candy Day, Ice Cream Day, World Listening Day

Today Tues July 13 is Barbershop Music Appreciation Day so I thought I would share some Dapper Dan music with you. This is their voices from home presentation.

Then we have a funny one of their bicycle built for four.

Mon July 19
Daiquiri Day, Get Out of the Dog House Day, New Friends Day, Stick out Your Tongue Day
Tues July 20
Lollipop Day, Moon Day, Ugly Truck Day, National Fortune Cookie Day, Nap Day
Wed July 21
Be Someone Day, Junk Food Day, National Hot Dog Day
Thur July 22
Hammock Day, Penuche Fudge Day, Refreshment Day, Summer Leisure Day
Fri July 23
Gorgeous Grandma Day, Vanilla Ice Cream Day, Summer Olympic Opening Ceremony
Sat July 24
Amelia Earhart Day, Cousins Day, Day of the Cowboy, Drive-Thru Day, Tequila Day, Tell a Joke Day, Pioneer Day
Sun July 25
Hot Fudge Sundae Day, Merry-Go-Round Day, Parent’s Day, Threading the Needle Day, Wine & Cheese Day

Here are my and my sisters Kawartha Dairy ice cream cones today. Believe or not but these were supposed to be kiddie size. After buying it I think I read the sign and they are only selling 1 scoop or 2 and these are the 1 scoops.
OIP00003.jpg

Today July 19th is also Grocery Store Heroes Day. I found this out when I had to go shopping today because my family ate all the eggs on the weekend when I wasn't home. They had a poster you could sign at the front of my Sobeys so I did sign it that my store employees are the best.
July 19 is Grocery Heroes Day – a time for the food industry to recognize employees at every level for the work they do feeding families and enriching lives ...

Today is National Moon Day.
One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!
🚀
Today we celebrate the 52nd anniversary of mankind's first moonwalk. This momentous achievement redefined the limits of exploration and inspired the imaginations of countless generations.
🌙
Happy National #MoonDay!
moon landing.jpg

Updated to add the last week of July Days., Wow how quick the summer is going - next week I will have to start August Days for us.
Mon July 26
All Or Nothing Day, Aunt & Uncle’s Day, Bagelfest Day, Coffee Milkshake Day
Tues July 27
National Crème Brulee Day, Love Is Kind Day, Scotch Day, Walk on Stilts Day, National Bagpipe Appreciation Day
Wed July 28
Milk Chocolate Day, Waterpark Day, World Nature Conservation Day
Thurs July 29
Chicken Wing Day, Chili Dog Day, Lasagna Day, Lipstick Day, International Tiger Day, International Day of Friendship
Fri July 30
Cheesecake Day, Father-in-Law Day, Get Gnarly Day, Talk in an Elevator Day, System Administrator Appreciation Day, Paperback book Day
Sat July 31
Avocado Day, Mutt Day, Raspberry Cake Day, National Cotton Candy Day, Shredded Wheat Day

Last edited:
Today is Thread the Needle Day so I am going to work on a cross stitch kit.
Afterwards I will celebrate Wine and cheese day. We ordered a charcuterie tray to enjoy. The wine will be non alcoholic as my sister has to drive home from the cottage.

OMG I almost forgot today was National Bagpipe Appreciation Day so here are some bagpipers from the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. This is from 2013 and I attended that year and it was just amazing. I had the most fun watching the New Zealand Military band - they were quite humorous.
2013 Edinburgh Military Tattoo - bagpipers
Last year the show was cancelled but they did make a Finale video up. I think they are planning a show for this year. Nope just checked and they have cancelled again this year and hope to be back next year.
2020 Edinburgh Military Tattoo Finale
It is also National Scotch day but not sure I will be having any of that today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!