National @ Car Care Center questions

breick

DIS Veteran
(I am sorry to keep posting these questions that have probably been answered before, but the search isn't working for me.)

I have a reservation over Christmas with National at the Car Care Center - 5 days, compact, $104 +fees (Amex contract ID # 5125601) Good deal, right? Does the Car Care Center have Emerald Aisle? (upgrade to bigger car or will get the compact?)

I haven't rented in a long time, so give me some guidance with the whole insurance and extra fees situation. My insurance company says I am covered for a rental car except for "loss of rent". Does anyone know if National has anything about this in their policy? How about a Discover Platinum card? What does that cover as far as insurance? If I have to purchase LDW, that will be more than the rental... Anything else I might need to be aware of? Thank you for all your help.

breick said:
(I am sorry to keep posting these questions that have probably been answered before, but the search isn't working for me.)

I have a reservation over Christmas with National at the Car Care Center - 5 days, compact, $104 +fees (Amex contract ID # 5125601) Good deal, right? Does the Car Care Center have Emerald Aisle? (upgrade to bigger car or will get the compact?)

I haven't rented in a long time, so give me some guidance with the whole insurance and extra fees situation. My insurance company says I am covered for a rental car except for "loss of rent". Does anyone know if National has anything about this in their policy? How about a Discover Platinum card? What does that cover as far as insurance? If I have to purchase LDW, that will be more than the rental... Anything else I might need to be aware of? Thank you for all your help.
No, CC does not have EA service, which you would not have been eligable for with a compact reservation regardless of where you rented
The rate is good and remember to bring your AMEX card with you, they will ask for it for proof.
As to the insurance, if you are an EC member, you will have already selected your preferances, so, that should not be an issue.
As to the Discover Platinum, that information will be on your consumer statement you received when you got the card, on their website, or by calling them.

for what it is worth. from our most recent experience

we just rented using national (december 2 - 9 ) and the amex code and we were not asked to show the AMEX card ( we actually paid the rental with a Visa card )

thus, contrary to what has been posted above ...there are no "absolutes" with respect to "having to produce" an amex card, just "relativities" of posters' experiences ( unless, of course, disneyldwjr works for national and has some inside policy information )

everyone's mileage may vary

laUgh

every time i try to make a res. to drop a National car at the Car care center, it says not a drop off location...any reason why? :confused3

try the location code

ORLR02 ( care car centre location )

you might want to change from "airport" to "city" also, although just got the care car center now by putting the above code in

try clearing your cache too that might help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter