Nassau Safety

Tht part of town is pretty safe. The museum is about 2 short blocks from the straw market. There are a number of Jade shops and tourist type shops between. Young kids will like the museum its pretty cool with the statues.

We walked to the pirate museum in February with DS who was 5 at the time. We felt completely safe the entire time, and DS LOVED the pirate museum! :)

We did the straw market this past summer, and are going back to Nassau next May. Before going I was very nervous about taking the girls on a cruise and out of the country. My fears were unfounded. We felt very safe. As others said, lots of tourists and kids around. Keep your cash and valuables close to you, be alert, and be smart. You will be fine. ;)

Is it safe to walk to the pirate museum and straw mkt? How long is the walk?

Absolutely. May I suggest visiting the Queens Staircase and Fort Fincastle, which are a wee bit further from the ship, but perfectly safe, and fun places to visit.

Enjoy your cruise!

There have been a few news reports of major crimes against tourists, but that is no different than any big city. We had more issues with people reaching out to touch my DD and wanting to braid her hair. It wasn't scary or violent, but it wasn't "nice" either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter