Nassau - Atlantis Beach Day

gowyo

Earning My Ears
We have planned our first Disney cruise in March 2010. We are looking at the Atlantis Beach Day or the Blue Lagoon Beach Day as a possible excursion while we are at Nassau. Is it worth booking this beach day or are there other public beaches that you could access via taxi or water taxi? Would anyone recommend one over the other (Atlantis Beach Day or Blue Lagoon Beach Day)? Any other ideas for Nassau? We will be traveling with two kids - ages 8 and 5.

We are kind of in the same boat. We've done the Atlantis Aquaadventure last year in addition to staying at the Atlantis a few years ago. We abosolutely love it there. However, we just feel that the excursion is so expensive. I know that the Atlantis Beach Day excursion is different and confined to the beach BUT there is no way Im goin to keep my kids away from the slides and the pools. We are looking into the Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day or the Blackbeard Beach Day w/ the sting ray encounter. Has anyone gone on either of these excursions? Thanks!

We have planned our first Disney cruise in March 2010. We are looking at the Atlantis Beach Day or the Blue Lagoon Beach Day as a possible excursion while we are at Nassau. Is it worth booking this beach day or are there other public beaches that you could access via taxi or water taxi?

Hi there. We cruised in Sept 2009. We have a 8yr old son. We took the taxi from the port terminal to Cabbage Beach, a free public beach about ¾ mile past Atlantis (the same taxi that drops people off at Atlantis will continue down the road and drop you off at Cabbage Beach).

I posted a lengthy review here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2279215. In short, we loved it and had an awesome time... we literally had to drag our 8yr old out of the water at 4:15pm, to get back to the Wonder by the 5pm anchors-away time. If your two kids are "water bugs" like mine, they will love it too.

We are cruising again in Jan 2010 (18 more days) and plan to go back again, if it's not too cold. We will bring more cash this time, so we can rent a jet-ski for an hour (it's way cheaper at Cabbage beach than at Disney's Castaway Cay).

subscribing-we are also thinking about blue lagoon beach day, or going to a local beach

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!