nascar drive says danika has unfair advantage

I have NO idea WHO this Danika is, but she should be allowed to race. :confused3

:rotfl: Robby Gordon is a big baby. He'll whine about anything possible if it'll get him name in the paper :rolleyes:

Is it NASCAR? I was under the impression she was an Indy driver? I'm not a big race person so maybe I've got it wrong. :confused3

It is Indy. There is nothing in the rules about driver weight. There are rules about a minimum weight of the car itself. I just wonder if he would complain if there were a small guy racing, like jockey size.

Disney Gator said:
Is it NASCAR? I was under the impression she was an Indy driver? I'm not a big race person so maybe I've got it wrong. :confused3

It is Indy, you are right. F1, not those ugly chevys :rotfl:

I believe that Robby Gordon is just upset that he is a horrible driver.

As for the whole weight thing, what is his excuse for his poor performance in NASCAR? He has failed to make the field for numerous NASCAR races this season. Does he think that his weight played a factor in this? Give me a break.

I don't know a lot about racing... but from everything I've been hearing on the news channels, Danica has been getting one of the fastest times during practice runs. In a European race (sorry don't know the name) she finished best out of any American that ever raced in it, man or woman. She's got skill! Not just a nice figure. So she might weigh a little less than the guys. Maybe that'll motivate the guys to keep a trim figure? :p Even so... after all those laps at that kind of speed, it seems kind of negligible how much she weighs. I hope she does well. Nobody else has complained :confused3

Trinity721 said:
Even so... after all those laps at that kind of speed, it seems kind of negligible how much she weighs.

Look at the power:weight ratio on f1 cars. That 100 pound difference is a biggy ;)

ilovedale3 said:
I believe that Robby Gordon is just upset that he is a horrible driver.

As for the whole weight thing, what is his excuse for his poor performance in NASCAR? He has failed to make the field for numerous NASCAR races this season. Does he think that his weight played a factor in this? Give me a break.

Robby knows that in NASCAR they weigh driver and car and those drivers like Mark Martin, Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon who are smaller than drivers such as Robby Gordon, Elliott Sadler, Tony Stewart have to add weight to their cars so no Robby is not blaming is problems in NASCAR on weight. His problems are more likely growing pains of a new owner/driver team operation. As for the IRL weight thing, he is right in a way. IRL weighs the car only. Lighter drivers do have a slight advantage over heavier drivers.

As to being worried about losing to a girl - Robby's not racing Indy this year so I doubt it has much to do with it. More likely he's just keeping his name high profile to please his sponsors ;) Isn't the expression any press is good press???

This woman is doing great! 8th place last I heard. She's bumping cars, swerving all over the place, and seems a bit impatient to get around people in traffic...Yup, typical woman :rotfl: BUT, she is doing great :)

What's all the fuss about?
Yes, weight counts in racecars, but especially in 500mile races endurance and sheer physical strength also count for a lot. Although she has an advantage due to her lighter weight, she also has a disadvantage when it comes to physical strength. Everybody who has driven a car for some time on a racetrack at competetive speeds knows that this is physically straining.
IMHO here's someone trying to find an easy way to avoid having his a** whipped by a lady.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!