Narcoosee's

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
I don't typically post a dining report but I feel the meal we had at Narcoosee's last week deserves it! :thumbsup2

My husband and I were alone for dinner and had no reservation. We walked in and were seated within 5 minutes. Great view of the Magic Kingdom! We started with the calamari appetizer, which was excellent, and then we both had the surf and turf, filet with lobster tail. The filet was amazing, it was probably the best tasting steak I've ever had on property. I talked to the chef and he briefly told me how it was prepared but it was in one ear and out the other. ;) Something about a demi glaze and I was lost. :teeth:

I highly recommend Narcoosee's. I feel it has vastly improved since the last time we dined there in 2003.

Just quickly we also dined at Kona Cafe, 50's Prime Time, Palio, Shula's, ESPN Club, Big River Brewing Works, Nine Dragons, Kimonos, Ohana, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, San Angel Inn, Gulliver's, BlueZoo, and Rainforest Cafe. If anyone wants a recent report on any of these just PM me. :wave2:

1) Narcoossee's had gotten a poor reputation.
2) it was well deserved.
3) About 4-yr ago, they moved over the chef from Artist Point (WL).
4) Worked wonders and really upgraded the food and service.
5) Now, I have no problem recommeding Narcoosse's.
6) Gladf you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the review. This one new place for me to eat in September. :goodvibes

So happy to hear something good about this place! We're dining there in September (couldn't pass up a free lobster dinner!) and a good bit of what I heard wasn't complimentary. But then again, any meal I don't have to prepare...and is free...well, you can't go too wrong in my book.
I'd love to hear about Big River Brewery when you have a chance.

HI SO happy to hear your great report we have ADR SEP 28TH

THANK YOU AGAIN :goodvibes

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER :thumbsup2 :cool1:

MARY ;)

Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed your meal. :goodvibes

Thanks for the review! We have an ADR for Dec and can't wait. Was the lobster good or just so-so?

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

I amk pleased it is getting better, when we went last september as well as appaling service the 'sour dough' bread was bread made with vinegar .. yuk.., the soup was undercooked (raw veggies in cowder is not nice), the steaks were over cooked and they tried to charge us twice for some of the food and when we asked for the bill to be adjusted the waiter got snooty at us as it it was our fault!

Thanks for telling us about your meal at Narcoosee's. It's always nice to hear when a restaurant that has had problems in the past has greatly improved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!