Napa Rose Chef’s Counter - Here’s How to Book It

SensitiveDragon

Earning My Ears
Hey there all, I just wanted to make this post to detail some things regarding the current procedure for getting a booking for the Chef’s Counter experience at Napa Rose - I think all this info should be in one place for those interested in booking it, so you don’t have to search in multiple places to piece it all together. I just got my booking for September yesterday (Yay!) so I can at least confirm this is a viable way to go about this.

What is the Chef’s Counter?
Based on my understanding, it is a unique 6-7 course meal at the Napa Rose restaurant, where each course is chosen for you by the chef. Your party will be taken into the restaurant and seated at a counter which faces the kitchen, with different counters offering different views of the kitchen at work. The chef will come and speak with your party, they will take into account your preferences and dislikes, how adventurous of an eater you are, and what food is fresh and local, and will then create a unique dinner experience for each person. Even among the same party, you all will have a different menu by the end. Sometimes you will get something from the main menu, sometimes you will get something totally new, but the goal is that you will experience something special with each course. If you want to eat something specific, they usually are willing to do so. They also are able to accommodate a wide range of dietary restrictions, as with most of the Disney resort, but I did not have any myself so I would recommend calling and asking them if you have specific questions about what they can and cannot accommodate.

Is this the Vintner’s Table?
No, that’s something else offered for anyone sitting in the main restaurant, though it is similar in that it is a fixed price and focuses on in-season produce. If you can’t get a seat at the chefs counter, I imagine that would be a pretty good experience as well.

How often do they seat people for this?
As of right now (July 2022) they are currently only offering the Chefs counter on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and each night only has 1 set of seatings for the 12 seats they have available in the restaurant. There are 3 tables total with 4 seats each, 2 facing the main kitchen and 1 facing the dessert prep area. If they have the seats available when you book, you can apparently request a particular counter should you prefer to sit somewhere specific.
When you book the experience, they ask when you would like to be seated, and you can pick any time between 5:30 and 7:00. The meal is supposed to be fairly leisurely, since there is only 1 seating per night, and I have heard it can take a few hours to finish. It’s all about enjoying the food!

What is the cost?
Currently (and price is always subject to change) the cost for this is a set $150.00 per person, which to my knowledge doesn’t account for any alcoholic drinks. They also offer wine pairings with each course for an additional $90.00 (I believe this is correct, but take it with a grain of salt since I wasn’t interested in this addition.)

How do I book it?
The trickiest part! Bookings for the Chefs counter open up on the 1st of the month 2 months prior. So, the September bookings for the entire month open up on July 1st, all October bookings will open on August 1st, etc. These bookings are not done through the Disney dining app/website, you have to call into the restaurant directly. The number I used was:
(714) 300-7170
But when to call?? When the restaurant opens for the day? That morning at 6:00 when most dining opens up?

Midnight.
I called and asked the rep at Napa rose a few days beforehand and asked this question, and they let me know that most people call into the restaurant at the stroke of midnight, and leave a message to be returned when the phones are answered the next day. They didn’t necessarily recommend I do this, but it did seem to be the way things work as of right now. So, that’s what I did, I called at 12:00 midnight and the next day, I did eventually receive a call back and was able to book it. I would recommend for anyone looking to do this, leave a short and sweet message. Get it in quickly, since apparently they get a LOT of messages on the 1st of the month, and they go by order received. But be nice to them too, I can’t imagine it’s fun to deal with sifting through all those voicemails!

What do I do if it’s past the 1st?
Call and see if the Chefs Counter is still available anyways! While it is a limited seating option, there’s always a chance they have availability. And if they don’t, I believe there is a waitlist you can be placed on in case availability pops up.

Do they require a deposit or credit card on file?
I was not asked for one, no. However, they did ask that if my plans changed, to call and let them know ASAP.

I think that covers some of the more important aspects of booking this experience and some questions I scrounged up answers to. Happy to update this when I have actually participated and can speak to it a bit more. If I didn’t answer something or if someone notices I got a detail wrong, please feel free to point it out. Hope this helps anyone moving forward!

Hey there all, I just wanted to make this post to detail some things regarding the current procedure for getting a booking for the Chef’s Counter experience at Napa Rose - I think all this info should be in one place for those interested in booking it, so you don’t have to search in multiple places to piece it all together. I just got my booking for September yesterday (Yay!) so I can at least confirm this is a viable way to go about this.

Based on my understanding, it is a unique 6-7 course meal at the Napa Rose restaurant, where each course is chosen for you by the chef. Your party will be taken into the restaurant and seated at a counter which faces the kitchen, with different counters offering different views of the kitchen at work. The chef will come and speak with your party, they will take into account your preferences and dislikes, how adventurous of an eater you are, and what food is fresh and local, and will then create a unique dinner experience for each person. Even among the same party, you all will have a different menu by the end. Sometimes you will get something from the main menu, sometimes you will get something totally new, but the goal is that you will experience something special with each course. If you want to eat something specific, they usually are willing to do so. They also are able to accommodate a wide range of dietary restrictions, as with most of the Disney resort, but I did not have any myself so I would recommend calling and asking them if you have specific questions about what they can and cannot accommodate.

No, that’s something else offered for anyone sitting in the main restaurant, though it is similar in that it is a fixed price and focuses on in-season produce. If you can’t get a seat at the chefs counter, I imagine that would be a pretty good experience as well.

As of right now (July 2022) they are currently only offering the Chefs counter on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and each night only has 1 set of seatings for the 12 seats they have available in the restaurant. There are 3 tables total with 4 seats each, 2 facing the main kitchen and 1 facing the dessert prep area. If they have the seats available when you book, you can apparently request a particular counter should you prefer to sit somewhere specific.
When you book the experience, they ask when you would like to be seated, and you can pick any time between 5:30 and 7:00. The meal is supposed to be fairly leisurely, since there is only 1 seating per night, and I have heard it can take a few hours to finish. It’s all about enjoying the food!

What is the cost?
Currently (and price is always subject to change) the cost for this is a set $150.00 per person, which to my knowledge doesn’t account for any alcoholic drinks. They also offer wine pairings with each course for an additional $90.00 (I believe this is correct, but take it with a grain of salt since I wasn’t interested in this addition.)

How do I book it?
The trickiest part! Bookings for the Chefs counter open up on the 1st of the month 2 months prior. So, the September bookings for the entire month open up on July 1st, all October bookings will open on August 1st, etc. These bookings are not done through the Disney dining app/website, you have to call into the restaurant directly. The number I used was:
(714) 300-7170
But when to call?? When the restaurant opens for the day? That morning at 6:00 when most dining opens up?

Midnight.
I called and asked the rep at Napa rose a few days beforehand and asked this question, and they let me know that most people call into the restaurant at the stroke of midnight, and leave a message to be returned when the phones are answered the next day. They didn’t necessarily recommend I do this, but it did seem to be the way things work as of right now. So, that’s what I did, I called at 12:00 midnight and the next day, I did eventually receive a call back and was able to book it. I would recommend for anyone looking to do this, leave a short and sweet message. Get it in quickly, since apparently they get a LOT of messages on the 1st of the month, and they go by order received. But be nice to them too, I can’t imagine it’s fun to deal with sifting through all those voicemails!

Call and see if the Chefs Counter is still available anyways! While it is a limited seating option, there’s always a chance they have availability. And if they don’t, I believe there is a waitlist you can be placed on in case availability pops up.

I was not asked for one, no. However, they did ask that if my plans changed, to call and let them know ASAP.

I think that covers some of the more important aspects of booking this experience and some questions I scrounged up answers to. Happy to update this when I have actually participated and can speak to it a bit more. If I didn’t answer something or if someone notices I got a detail wrong, please feel free to point it out. Hope this helps anyone moving forward!
Excellent job getting the reservation. Would love to see a follow up on the overall experience. Sounds pretty epic.

What is the cost?

How do I book it?
(714) 300-7170

Midnight.

Right onpoint with the way Napa Rose does Chef's Counter reservations.

The only thing I will add is an email I have used in the past.
Email – napa.rose@disney.com

Each time I called to make a reservation I had to leave a voice mail.
I also followed up sending an email, making note of my voice mail.

Based on my understanding, it is a unique 6-7 course meal at the Napa Rose restaurant, where each course is chosen for you by the chef. Your party will be taken into the restaurant and seated at a counter which faces the kitchen, with different counters offering different views of the kitchen at work. The chef will come and speak with your party, they will take into account your preferences and dislikes, how adventurous of an eater you are, and what food is fresh and local, and will then create a unique dinner experience for each person. Even among the same party, you all will have a different menu by the end. Sometimes you will get something from the main menu, sometimes you will get something totally new, but the goal is that you will experience something special with each course. If you want to eat something specific, they usually are willing to do so. T
I've read this before, and don't know if I've just had bad luck, but the two times my wife and I did the chef's counter (which will be the last two times, by the way), they just gave us items off the regular menu. The second time I even made a point to say how we were really looking forward to a unique experience and we were very adventurous eaters

I've read this before, and don't know if I've just had bad luck, but the two times my wife and I did the chef's counter (which will be the last two times, by the way), they just gave us items off the regular menu. The second time I even made a point to say how we were really looking forward to a unique experience and we were very adventurous eaters
A good official account! I’ve generally heard that they do all sorts of dishes, but as I can’t confirm myself it’s good to mention to everyone looking to do this that perhaps your mileage may vary. I will try to pay attention to what we get vs what is on the main menu and see how it compares.

Great recap and I think this will help people out! NR has always called me back when I’ve left a message, either for regular reservations, special events (NYE party) or chef’s counter.

I’ve heard and seen some cross over to the regular menu. Honestly for that price they have to (if you look at the regular menu price, there isn’t much of a surcharge for this). They will ask you what you like/dislike and try to feature stuff you like and will modify or avoid any allergies or stuff you don’t like. I’ve also heard they will feature dishes from previous menus so while it might be a Napa Rose standard dish, it might be rotated off the regular menu at the time.

That said, if you have serious dietary restrictions (or are vegetarian/vegan) Napa Rose does a *fantastic* job of accommodating. In fact, that’s why I can’t really confirm the menu options. I’m vegetarian and Napa Rose is able to put together six (I think six is how many they serve now) courses that are all vegetarian, way more than you would be able to put together just looking at the standard menu.

Honestly this experience is a steal. It’s fun, the food is great, and it’s at least somewhat unique in the type of food they serve. Again, for $150 I feel like this is unheard of. (Starters look to be about $22, salads around $20, mains around $48, and dessert $15, that would be $105 just ordering normally. $45 extra to get the Chef’s Counter and two more courses, again almost zero surcharge for being up with the action and having the chef come ask what you like/dislike!)

In fact, here is the menu I had October 2021

Attachments

• 4D2BEDF5-4D97-4A05-99DA-E43A42C0730A.jpeg
    4D2BEDF5-4D97-4A05-99DA-E43A42C0730A.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 100
  • B11A482F-2B94-4F04-AE57-32F5670BCF56.jpeg
    B11A482F-2B94-4F04-AE57-32F5670BCF56.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 7FE7D687-401D-46E3-BF27-2380AB8905FE.jpeg
    7FE7D687-401D-46E3-BF27-2380AB8905FE.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 43F66DD1-5D12-4C1F-86AA-7B1969F44660.jpeg
    43F66DD1-5D12-4C1F-86AA-7B1969F44660.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 7996E743-2EBD-438A-84FF-F8FB9658CBD8.jpeg
    7996E743-2EBD-438A-84FF-F8FB9658CBD8.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 7A1C8EC4-D79F-42CA-A470-A7DA6BCA5959.jpeg
    7A1C8EC4-D79F-42CA-A470-A7DA6BCA5959.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 7B1B26D7-6F17-4027-8CA6-87367563A64C.jpeg
    7B1B26D7-6F17-4027-8CA6-87367563A64C.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 32DB6F44-818E-4933-B9C5-1AAE7F764D03.jpeg
    32DB6F44-818E-4933-B9C5-1AAE7F764D03.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 56
  • D0752AE3-A1B7-4F41-AE77-E21F8F788CAB.jpeg
    D0752AE3-A1B7-4F41-AE77-E21F8F788CAB.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 90
Thank you so much for sharing this! I had no idea it opened more than 60 days in advance. I moved our entire trip and flights to make sure we could attend both the Halloween party and chef’s counter during our trip (since it’s only available Friday-Sun). I called today and the date is already booked and I’m so disappointed. It will be a long time before we have an adults only trip again! If anyone ends up letting go a reservation for September 16th, please let me know!

I have just done the same. Rang at midnight and left a message and as I’m from Australia , I wasn’t sure if they’d call back an international phone number, so I followed it up immediately with an email. Lucky I didn’t as they emailed to say they tried to call but couldn’t get through on the phone number. I was also able to request, seat locations at the counter.

I can’t wait for this dinner in September and know it will be a highlight, as it always has been on previous trips.

Thank you so much for sharing this! I had no idea it opened more than 60 days in advance. I moved our entire trip and flights to make sure we could attend both the Halloween party and chef’s counter during our trip (since it’s only available Friday-Sun). I called today and the date is already booked and I’m so disappointed. It will be a long time before we have an adults only trip again! If anyone ends up letting go a reservation for September 16th, please let me know!
I’m sorry! I think it’s a shame the protocol isn’t very clear from Disney themselves, but I assume it’s just because it’s so limited that they know they don’t HAVE to be super clear. Was there the option to get on a waitlist for the date you wanted? Of course Disney is always fun regardless of a single dinner, but I understand how disappointing it can be.

I called in about 1am on July 1st and got Chef Counter for Saturday September 3rd at the main counter by leaving a voicemail.

Cast members at Napa Rose specifically told me how they go in order or calls/ voicemails and got a call back yesterday evening to confirm.
Just as a friendly reminder you won't get an email nor will it show up on the app so I put it in my calendar.

Luckily for us (because of how popular the restaurant is), this is one place we don't have a desire to go in the resort. None of us are foodies by any means so the experience would be lost on us.

September 16th is the beginning of Gay Day's weekend event.
If it opens I'm sure it will be taken fast.
Good Luck

Hey, not sure if anyone was waiting for an update on this thread regarding the dinner, but sadly my entire September trip had to be scrapped. To say I’m disappointed after all my work would be an understatement, I’m quite devastated.
If anyone else out there has a firsthand account of this dinner they would like to share, please feel free! Hopefully I can get new reservations someday and actually experience this awesome meal, and then update the post so more people can get a better idea of what it is like. And, hopefully I’ll at least get to visit Disneyland again soon. Thanks everyone!

I’ve heard and seen some cross over to the regular menu. Honestly for that price they have to (if you look at the regular menu price, there isn’t much of a surcharge for this). They will ask you what you like/dislike and try to feature stuff you like and will modify or avoid any allergies or stuff you don’t like. I’ve also heard they will feature dishes from previous menus so while it might be a Napa Rose standard dish, it might be rotated off the regular menu at the time.

That said, if you have serious dietary restrictions (or are vegetarian/vegan) Napa Rose does a *fantastic* job of accommodating. In fact, that’s why I can’t really confirm the menu options. I’m vegetarian and Napa Rose is able to put together six (I think six is how many they serve now) courses that are all vegetarian, way more than you would be able to put together just looking at the standard menu.

Honestly this experience is a steal. It’s fun, the food is great, and it’s at least somewhat unique in the type of food they serve. Again, for $150 I feel like this is unheard of. (Starters look to be about $22, salads around $20, mains around $48, and dessert $15, that would be $105 just ordering normally. $45 extra to get the Chef’s Counter and two more courses, again almost zero surcharge for being up with the action and having the chef come ask what you like/dislike!)
I agree! My husband and I took our god daughter a few years back and had the BEST experience...we had the wine pairings with our meal and the chef and sous chefs really listened to what we could eat and made it a wonderful experience for all of us.

I agree! My husband and I took our god daughter a few years back and had the BEST experience...we had the wine pairings with our meal and the chef and sous chefs really listened to what we could eat and made it a wonderful experience for all of us.
I’m dying inside a little that they’re booked for me Oct 22nd - Oct 29th dates :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter