Nap time for DH

becfehr

DIS Veteran
Ok I think I have read a thread about the best places where the hubby's (or any adult) can catch a nap at the parks.

Tell me where Dear Ole Dad took him a snooze at each park. :) Well... Otherwise DH will turn into Grumpy! Lol.

AK = Sound booths in Rafiki's Planet Watch
Epcot - Universe of Energy or Spaceship Earth
MK - Train

LOL I was planning on taking DBF back to the hotel for an afternoon nap...maybe I can use your suggestions as a backup if he's about to have a meltdown lol

I swear, my 5 year old niece would hold up better! lol

Watching this thread, as my DH isn't as big a fan of Disney as my girls and I are....if we leave him to rest somewhere we can come back to a Happy DH, not Grumpy DH!

Rocking chair near Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island! I had a great nap there :)

Hall of Presidents is a great 20 min. nap spot in MK. Take ear plugs and take a great nap in Ellens universe energy ride at epcot.

MK-Carousel of Progress, Hall Of Presidents
EP-Ellen's Energy Adventure (45 min nap) and American Adventure

People mover in Tommorrowland - has to be the most relaxing spot in WDW; and there is typically no line!

Lady Redwolf said:
People mover in Tommorrowland - has to be the most relaxing spot in WDW; and there is typically no line!

Gets our vote! Puts my DD4 to sleep every time!

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

It never occurred to me to find spots for DBF to nap!! I think this would have made our last trip a bit more bearable. :rotfl2:

The train at MK. You don't have to get off. Maybe if it's crowded they may ask you to. But I've never been told that I had to get off.

My DH took a nap at a table in Epcot in front of the American CS- if you are facing the front, off to the right in the back- like you are going back to the bathrooms.
He also sat on the ground up against a wall in Hollywood Studios somewhere- can't remember where it was exactly, but I know there were old time cars parked there. Made for a great picture!:rotfl:

We encouraged our kids to nap in their strollers. It didn't always work out but 2hen it did it was wonderful. That way no one was stuck in the room with the kiddies for nap and missing all the fun.

We encouraged our kids to nap in their strollers. It didn't always work out but 2hen it did it was wonderful. That way no one was stuck in the room with the kiddies for nap and missing all the fun.

That might not work for OP's DH! haha

MK - Rocking chairs on Tom Sawyer's Island. Always quiet and peaceful.
EP - Benches in the garden in the UK pavillion

Epcot's WS : There's that theater in Norway - you can get in through the gift shop. It's always quiet, the movie is soothing and relaxing, it's temperature controlled, and people come and go as they please. (It's at the end of the maelstrom ride). Also in the Timon & Pumba video/show thing... good little nap spot with comfy plush chairs.

HS - The pavillion for the Indiana Jones Stunt Show (in between shows), the beauty and the Beast Pavillion between shows (sit toward the back during shows, no one will bother you), grab a table outside the ABC Commissary in the shade. He'd look like he's holding the table while someone else is ordering/getting the food. Tower of Terror gift shop - there are benches in there. People will assume he's waiting for someone to get off the ride.

MK - The planters outside between the Astro Orbiter and the Tomorrowland Speedway. There are lots of benches and planters to sit upon there. Near the exit of Splash Mountain - people will assume he's waiting for people to get off the ride. Ditto for inside the Space Mountain gift shop - there are benches in there. Ditto again for the Haunted mansion gift shop. In the carousel of progress. Near Aloha Aisle. There are benches there too - great to people watch from, so I'm assuming napping would be nice too.

I'm just ecstatic I found this!!! I thought I was the only one (other than kids in strollers) in need of a nap. I don't want to go all the way back to our room!!! I found a nice bench to lay on in the A/C last Christmas in MK...can't remember where now and laid down. Pulled my sun hat over my eyes, snoring, drooling and such. When I laid down, no one was there; however, when I woke a show had just let out and there were folks walking all over. Didn't seem to bother them!!!! My 13 year old was throwing popcorn at me and then video taped it!!! Hilarious....we picked up the popcorn and moved on with a wonderful afternoon!!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter