Names of places outside of Swan that make Pizza/ lunch or dinner deliveries outside of Disney World to Swan? Stuck here during hurricane.

Linleedo

DIS Veteran
Anyone know any Restaurants ( outside of Disney- since no reservations can be made for meals during hurricane)? Staying at Swan. Even open table dinners are booked. Thanks

Boardwalk has sandwich boxes in the lobby. You better hurry while it's still safe to walk around, and assuming the bridges aren't closed, which they probably should be.

There's also the gas station. Bit of a hike, but it also has alcohol.

You should not expect to get any delivery once the hurricane arrives until it departs.

So, pretty much Wednesday afternoon through Thursday, you shouldn't expect to be able to get any food/supplies you haven't already gotten unless they are directly at your own hotel.

Door Dash is suspending service right now, so out of luck there
We got our supplies in yesterday
The rest we are getting here at the hotel
I’m sure Swan is feeding folks. Do you just not want it?

Some perspective--Orlando isn't IN a hurricane yet.

There've been guests swimming at SAB! Though, they may have been told to get out of the water by now, at 2:00 p.m. EDT.

The OP might still be able to get food delivered since the eyewall has just made landfall on the west coast of FL.

It's already hard to find gasoline and roads are packed with people evacuating from all over Florida. Maybe he can get food delivered with someone is a Prius willing to fight the traffic and drive as a hurricane is blowing in. Maybe.

Some perspective--Orlando isn't IN a hurricane yet.

There've been guests swimming at SAB! Though, they may have been told to get out of the water by now, at 2:00 p.m. EDT.

The OP might still be able to get food delivered since the eyewall has just made landfall on the west coast of FL.
Other than Door Dash stated they are suspending service. So there’s that
Other than that, I agree, it’s barely windy outside the window here and they COULD deliver, they aren’t.

Looks like Uber Eats may still be taking orders. For folks saying it’s dangerous, it’s not so stop worrying. No problems out there today. At all.

Other than Door Dash stated they are suspending service. So there’s that
Other than that, I agree, it’s barely windy outside the window here and they COULD deliver, they aren’t.
Can't blame the various services for that. Their employees want to be in safe locations before the worst reaches Orlando.

Thanks for updating.

We have friends at All Star Sports and they were told they could swim till noon, their pool was open. Not sure about SAB but I suspect if one allowed swimming others did too, for a time.

Yeah, I saw a post elsewhere saying SAB lifeguards were monitoring weather and would clear the pool when advisable. Until then, people could swim.

I can understand families doing that as long as permitted. Can't be eager to be in room lockdown for possibly the next 24 hours with energetic kids. Wear 'em out beforehand sounds like a good plan. :)

Yeah, I saw a post elsewhere saying SAB lifeguards were monitoring weather and would clear the pool when advisable. Until then, people could swim.

I can understand families doing that as long as permitted. Can't be eager to be in room lockdown for possibly the next 24 hours with energetic kids. Wear 'em out beforehand sounds like a good plan. :)
I learned years ago to never stay in an outside entry resort during Hurricane season. For the reason of being locked in the room.
At least resorts with contained buildings have more room to roam and more services. During Matthew we spent the whole day drinking at Abracadra bar, LOL

Can't blame the various services for that. Their employees want to be in safe locations before the worst reaches Orlando.

Thanks for updating.
Totally agree. The 'employees' that would do deliveries, or be at a theme park, or serve in a restaurant, have way more on their minds right now to take care of their family, property, and themselves. If those folks wait until it really is windy and pouring, it could be too late to get to a safe place. Now is the time for those folks. Tourists electing to wait it out might be surviving on Doritos for 24-36 hours! Depending how much rain and wind comes, there's no telling when places will be opening again.

Tourists electing to wait it out might be surviving on Doritos for 24-36 hours! Depending how much rain and wind comes, there's no telling when places will be opening again.
'Zactly.

You know it's a bad one coming when Waffle House has announced restaurants closing. Those never close unless what's coming makes "pretty bad" seem like nothing much.

And Ian appears to have O.M.G. potential given the video from the Gulf Coast. Yeah, it'll likely weaken somewhat by the time it reaches Orlando, but that it's been clocked at 4-5mph is seriously bad news in flooding potential.

One of the few times I can honestly say I'd rather be at home than at WDW.

Someone on the resorts thread had posted a photo of the dining options at the swan or dolphin (I can't remember which)

I am at the Swan and ate breakfast and lunch at Garden Grove. Walkups only - we had no wait. They are serving dinner too.

Il Mulino is open for dinner tonight - walk ups only.

Coffee shop downstairs has sandwiches and is open.

We have eaten very well so far without issue.

If they are allowing people to, the Dolphin and Swan Reserve also have restaurants open - all walkup only. Fountain had a long wait earlier today so we ate at Garden Grove again. They are doing a fantastic job feeding folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter