Name of DVC Disneyland Tower?

UrsulaWantsYourSoul

DIS Veteran
What would YOU name the upcoming Disneyland DVC property and why?
I'm sure I'm far from correct but... Given that we already have Fantasy, Adventure and Frontier Towers...
(though there are 5 other options to stay in that theme if they wanted)...

Disneyland Tomorrowland Tower!?

DRR feels a bit funny because most DVC properties (BLT, AUL, and CCV being the exception) are prepended by Disney's like RVA or have Disney's within the name that is abbreviated (The Villa's at Disney's Grand Floridian / Californian)

Intriguing. I could see them doing a name for the new Disneyland property that is "________ at Disneyland Hotel" in the vein of Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary (a non-DVC property).

I like RVA because it aligns with what DVC uses ...

also, I like RVA over RIV because RVA has no phonetic pronunciation (you have to say r-v-a) but RIV does with /rɪv/
Ah! I had wondered why you used RVA when I mostly saw RIV on this site, but I thought it stupid to ask lol.
I do like your thought on RVA not having phonetic pronunciation, seems to match better the acronyms used for other resorts...

Hmm ok, so following the theme we have Tomorrow Tower, New Orleans Tower, Main Street Tower, Mickey’s ToonTown Tower, Critter Country Tower, and Star Wars: Galaxy Tower.

Given what we’ve seen I think the design doesn’t really match any of them? I really like Disneyland Hotel Villas as a name although I don’t imagine they’ll go that way.

I’m betting on something like “Villas at Disney’s 1955 Tower at The Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort: A Disney Vacation Club Resort

Hmm ok, so following the theme we have Tomorrow Tower, New Orleans Tower, Main Street Tower, Mickey’s ToonTown Tower, Critter Country Tower, and Star Wars: Galaxy Tower.

Given what we’ve seen I think the design doesn’t really match any of them? I really like Disneyland Hotel Villas as a name although I don’t imagine they’ll go that way.

I’m betting on something like “Villas at Disney’s 1955 Tower at The Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort: A Disney Vacation Club Resort

Haha. And yes, I like Disneyland Hotel Villas or the slightly clunkier but on-brand for DVC "The Villas at Disneyland Hotel" (as suggested by @LAX)
Are the original three towers (Frontier/Fantasy/Adventure) themed like their names on the inside or outside or just named that?
Truthfully I've never been in any of them - just to Trader Sam's and Steakhouse 55. If not, they could adopt one of the above mentioned lands. I'd guess they would avoid Star Wars. Tomorrow Tower rolls of my tongue the best but New Orleans Tower sounds cool too.

Last edited:
Haha. And yes, I like Disneyland Hotel Villas or the slightly clunkier but on-brand for DVC "The Villas at Disneyland Hotel".
Are the original three towers (Frontier/Fantasy/Adventure) themed like their names on the inside or outside or just named that?
Truthfully I've never been in any of them - just to Trader Sam's and Steakhouse 55. If not, they could adopt one of the above mentioned lands. I'd guess they would avoid Star Wars. Tomorrow Tower rolls of my tongue the best but New Orleans Tower sounds cool too.

The lobbies in each have the theme to match the name. I don't think the rooms are any different although there are some awesomely themed suites that might be in their matching tower. Never really thought about where they were located while dreaming about staying in one.

Tomorrowland Tower sounds the best but I think it would evoke an expectation of it being futuristic and I'm doubtful that's what DVC has planned.

And of course they didn't always have those names but they stole the most recent names for ships.

The lobbies in each have the theme to match the name. I don't think the rooms are any different although there are some awesomely themed suites that might be in their matching tower. Never really thought about where they were located while dreaming about staying in one.

Tomorrowland Tower sounds the best but I think it would evoke an expectation of it being futuristic and I'm doubtful that's what DVC has planned.

And of course they didn't always have those names but they stole the most recent names for ships.
I think the vast majority (perhaps all) of the awesome suites are in the Adventure tower. That’s where the club lounge is.

...I’m betting on something like “Villas at Disney’s 1955 Tower at The Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort: A Disney Vacation Club Resort
That's an excellent name, since it includes "Disneyland" twice :teacher:
The name must include "Disneyland" (at least once), since that adds value.
This could easily be both the highest priced and fastest selling DVC property -- assuming the economy is strong when sales begin (unlike VGC)

Totally off topic, but does anyone remember what Copper Creek and Riviera were for beginning/unaltered price per point, what incentives were immediately offered for first time direct purchase and for add on/existing DVC members?

CCV through 31 May 2017
176 USD per point base​
161 USD per point for 200 points, member add-on​
new member and other point ranges varying discounts​

RVA through 31 May 2019
188 USD per point base​
172.25 USD per point for 200 points, member add-on​
new member and other point ranges varying discounts​

If we are taking bets on costs I am in the bandwagon of:
  • $200/point
  • Pods - 150/wk low season
  • Studios - 180/wk low season
  • 1BR - 375/wk low season
  • 2BR - 500/wk low season

If we are taking bets on costs I am in the bandwagon of:
  • $200/point
  • Pods - 150/wk low season
  • Studios - 180/wk low season
  • 1BR - 375/wk low season
  • 2BR - 500/wk low season
I’ll go $230
Pods 90/week low season
Studios 115/week low season
1BR - 230/week low season
2BR - 330/week low season

This is roughly break even with cash prices for Disneyland tower if you factor in time value of money. Even if you straight line the $230 into $4.60 a year, the pay back is like 16 years. I don’t see how they can price it higher than this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter