Nachi-Cocum for kids?

I will admit, that first impressions of Nachi Cocom aren't flashy. You take a taxi there, passing all the other beaches that you've read about (if you've researched the port at all), and the taxi pulls up at a little gate where they buzz you in. You don't see much when the taxi drops you off, and the first thing you do see is the lady with the sombreros who wants you to wear one and have your picture taken. By this point, you're probably thinking "did I make the right decision?" Then you proceed in to the register where they collect the rest of your money (in cash), and you feel a bit better because they had your name on the list. They then take you to your seats for the day, and your waiter runs over, introduces himself, and takes your first drink order.

Once you sit down and look around, we were very happy to find the beach uncrowded, but wondered if it would fill up later in the day. It didn't. Then we headed out into the ocean, and enjoyed the water, and the gentle surf that wasn't too strong for the kids. We used a float in the water and on the beach, the kids played in the sand with the sand toys we brought, and everyone had a great morning. Our lunch was great, and after lunch we took advantage of the pool which was one of my favorite parts. Once on the beach, or in the pool, our first impressions were greatly overshadowed by how beautiful it was and how much we all enjoyed ourselves.

We did pay to rent a float, and we did purchase the picture, and we did tip our waiter. But we still paid less than we would have with DCL for a much more crowded experience without the beverages and the pool.

We were there in September '09 and our experience was almost verbatim HallsofVa's experience....would go again in a heartbeat. No, it is not fancy when you first drive up. Yes, they do the cheesy sombrero picture (which we bought, lol!) but once you've checked in and been shown to your chairs, your waiter will be there to wait on you hand and foot for the rest of your day (our waiter was Carlos and he was fabulous!). Food was awesome and drinks were great (and definitely NOT watered down - they will bring you whatever you ask for - mixed drinks, beer, shots, you name it). We spent most of our time at the beach but did spend the last hour or so at the pool. They also the limit the number of people they'll take daily so it NEVER felt crowded.

I would not let one negative post (who clearly experienced factors well beyond Nachi's control) sway my decision. Most of the reviews really do seem to be positive. Go - you won't be disappointed!

DH and I went last march and loved it. It was an adults trip without the kiddos and it was very quiet and peaceful. We've actually talked about taking the kids the next time were in Cozumel but I think my kids (6 and 10) would enjoy Paradise Beach better because of the beach toys. I wouldn't hesitate going back. It is Mexico and not a Disney's private island but we thought it was pretty close to perfect. I had a few different drinks that were pretty good but after tasting the sangria, thats what I drank for the rest of the day.

The Sangria

nachi1.jpg

Paradise
nachi2.jpg

Thank you all for your responses! I am still waiting for my confirmation but I assume since they sent me the form to fill out we are reserved. I have a strong feeling this could very well be the highlight of our trip (no offense to Castaway Cay)!

Our experience was like the great reviews posted here, I wouldn't hesitate to go again. Compared to DCL excursions in particular, it is a great value and a very nice beach. We met an older couple from the states who live in Cozumel seasonally, they come frequently for the day. They recommended the ceviche for lunch which I then got - it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter